GT 520 two versions?

Old December 18th 11, 03:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Allen Drake

Default GT 520 two versions?

First time posting here but I have been using nVIDIA cards in all my
systems for some time now. I just received a pair of GT 520 cards from
different vendors and got two different versions. One has Dual-Link
DVI-I HDCP capable Connector and HDMI 1.4a Connector and the other
has One Dual-Link DVI-I HDCP capable Connector, One Single-Link DVI-I
HDCP capable Connector and Mini-HDMI 1.4 Connector. I haven't opened
the boxes yet but there looks like a different type of DVI plug and
both look like they have Mini HDMI. Can anyone please explain these
different plugs and why there are two versions of the same card? What
would the user do with one where he wouldn't need the other?

Is there a link to an explanation of the different DVI connectors?
One looks like a VGA but it doesn't say so.

AL.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004W3F9XO/...60_cs_sce_dp_1

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...3SHIP-_-03ship
Old December 19th 11, 11:26 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
KCB[_2_]

"Allen Drake" wrote in message

[...]

The one from Amazon appears to have a VGA port, while the other probably has
an adapter included for DVI to VGA. I can't remember the last time I got a
card that didn't have it included. As far as the cards being different,
it's because you bought two (slightly) different models. The Amazon model
which matches your TigerDirect model is available he
http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-M.../ref=pd_cp_e_2
Notice the part numbers on the cards you bought "1521" "1526"

Info on DVI specs available he
http://www.datapro.net/techinfo/dvi_info.html

Old December 20th 11, 09:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Allen Drake

On Mon, 19 Dec 2011 17:26:08 -0500, "KCB"
wrote:

"Allen Drake" wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Thank you very much KCB that was exactly the info I wanted. I was
just wondering why the difference and what would one consumer decide
to select one over the other. I guess it would simply be because one
might want to use a monitor that has no DVI unless I am missing
something. I appreciate the link to the technical info.

Regards.

Al.

WTB: URGENT NEED - MICROSOFT OFFICE SOFTWARE ALL VERSIONS/TYPES -MICROSOFT WINDOWS XP PRO, WINDOWS 2000 PRO, WINDOWS HOME ALL VERSIONS/TYPES- NEED AS MANY AS YOU CAN SELL US none Homebuilt PC's 0 April 16th 09 02:18 PM
Anyone Have A Toshiba 420/520 Or Other Celeron M 420/520 Laptop? Gary Brown General 5 July 4th 07 01:44 AM
hp deskjet 520 steve Printers 6 December 8th 03 01:43 PM
hp deskjet 520 Hansie Printers 2 November 3rd 03 05:18 AM
hp deskjet 520 Hansie Printers 0 November 2nd 03 08:22 PM