Geforce GTX 460 is a good video card?

Old January 19th 11, 05:54 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default Geforce GTX 460 is a good video card?

Is Geforce GTX 470 very better of Geforce GTX 460? I'm undecided.
thanks
Old January 19th 11, 06:34 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

wrote:
Is Geforce GTX 470 very better of Geforce GTX 460? I'm undecided.
thanks

http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2....1.0,2484.html

3DMark06 v1.1.0 (1280x1024, Default Quality)

Nvidia Geforce GTX 470 (1280 MB) 23885
Gainward GTX460 GLH (1024 MB) 23070

Use the charts, to compare the cards.

http://www.gpureview.com/GeForce-GTX-470-card-628.html

GPU: GTX 400

Max Power Draw: 215 W

Process: 40 nm
Fragment Pipelines: 448 (480)
Vertex Pipelines: 448 (480)
Texture Units: 56 (60)
Raster Operators 40 (48)

http://www.gpureview.com/GeForce-GTX...-card-632.html GTX 460 1GB card

GPU: GF104

Max Power Draw: 160 W

Process: 40 nm
Fragment Pipelines: 336
Vertex Pipelines: 336
Texture Units: 56
Raster Operators 32

More info here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GeForce_400_Series

Paul
Old January 20th 11, 02:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Jim[_31_]

Just be sure to get the 1GB non SE one. Pics of the 560 are out so that may
be out soon.

Old January 20th 11, 06:10 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Just be sure to get the 1GB non SE one. Pics of the 560 are out so that may
be out soon.

I don't understan can you explain better please? What videocard do you
suggest me?
Old February 6th 11, 10:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

In your opinion if I like to get good performance, do I have to
configure it or for default it works fine? For exemple, with Geforce
GTX 470 do I have enable "Antialias"? Some info please.

Here's another vote for the 460. I've been infinitely happy with my
Sparkle GTX 460 1GB. The 470 is actually an older chip; not nearly as
efficient and many times slower vs the factory overclocked 460's in
certain resolutions. Plus the 460 has much better power usage. My
entire system's idle use dropped 25-30W going from a 9800GTX+ to GTX 460!

Old February 6th 11, 08:29 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

What do you call "good performance" ?
high frame rate or detail picture ? They are a bit of opposite.

You are right. I will use that videocard for video editing. Do you
think that it in default works fine?
thanks