Phenom x6, initial impression

Old May 4th 10, 08:54 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
rms[_4_]

Default Phenom x6, initial impression

Just installed this tonight, put it into a Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H with the
latest F7beta bios, and using
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...f-66c2928d6de4
first to make sure it detected all the cores.

Changed the settings to 4ghz & 1.5v vcore, and with a noctua dh-14 heatsink
it's peaking out around 55C after 1/2hr of prime95 on all cores. This is a
full 0.1v less than my 955BE C3 is stable at, so I'm very impressed, and I'd
imagine the x6 can run at 4ghz with even lower voltage or even higher
clocks.

Whatever new power-saving circuitry they added works even with cool&quiet
disabled. I'm very happy with this purchase, especially at only $30 over a
4 core 965BE, after rebates.

rms

Old May 4th 10, 08:31 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
PvdG42[_2_]

"rms" wrote in message
Just installed this tonight, put it into a Gigabyte 890GPA-UD3H with the
latest F7beta bios, and using
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...f-66c2928d6de4
first to make sure it detected all the cores.

Changed the settings to 4ghz & 1.5v vcore, and with a noctua dh-14
heatsink it's peaking out around 55C after 1/2hr of prime95 on all cores.
This is a full 0.1v less than my 955BE C3 is stable at, so I'm very
impressed, and I'd imagine the x6 can run at 4ghz with even lower voltage
or even higher clocks.

Whatever new power-saving circuitry they added works even with cool&quiet
disabled. I'm very happy with this purchase, especially at only $30 over
a 4 core 965BE, after rebates.

rms

That sounds great. More performance, less heat :-)

I'm considering one for my Gigabyte GA-MA785G-UDH3, which has a 4/2010 BIOS
update for new CPU recognition. I can then move the "old" 855 to an AM2+
motherboard which can use it.

Old May 5th 10, 02:12 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
AGross

Hello,

Do you happen to have an AMD2+ motherboard with SB600 to see if X6
work?

Officially, SB600-based AM2+ motherboards do not support the new X6-s.
Old May 5th 10, 03:34 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
rms[_4_]

Do you happen to have an AMD2+ motherboard with SB600 to see if X6
work?

No, sorry. I skipped one or generations this upgrade cycle, coming from
a 939 socket dualcore opteron setup

rms

Old June 9th 10, 01:38 AM
basujunha0806 basujunha0806 is offline
Junior Member

i like AmD!

Inte is taking our rights! We should protect them!