AMD Athlon LE-1620 BUGGED?

Old March 13th 09, 04:11 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Floppo

Default AMD Athlon LE-1620 BUGGED?

http://silverlight.net/forums/t/76402.aspx

"This processor has a known problem when using early BIOS versions. The
symptom of that problem is exactly what you describe (Media playback
speed is not as expected)".

Is it true or it smells like fake?
Old March 17th 09, 10:15 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
mr deo

"Floppo" wrote in message
http://silverlight.net/forums/t/76402.aspx

"This processor has a known problem when using early BIOS versions. The
symptom of that problem is exactly what you describe (Media playback
speed is not as expected)".

Is it true or it smells like fake?

BIOS versions can make a great deal of difference in how some things work,
as it can sometimes alter the way a clock timing is given..
That said, I rekon that the problem is just a silverlight problem...
I have however, found that on about 6 AMD boxes I have never had AdobeReader
close correctly (I get an error msg at shutdown that it cant be closed) but
never have the problem on my Intel boxes (only 3 thus far). I put this
down to the same problem, a programming error somewhere ;P.

Old March 17th 09, 11:34 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Miles Bader[_2_]

"mr deo" writes:
http://silverlight.net/forums/t/76402.aspx

"This processor has a known problem when using early BIOS versions. The
symptom of that problem is exactly what you describe (Media playback
speed is not as expected)".

Is it true or it smells like fake?

That said, I rekon that the problem is just a silverlight problem...
I have however, found that on about 6 AMD boxes I have never had AdobeReader
close correctly (I get an error msg at shutdown that it cant be closed) but
never have the problem on my Intel boxes (only 3 thus far). I put this
down to the same problem, a programming error somewhere ;P.

Yeah; while processor bugs happen, it's far more likely that it's a bug
in silverlight (perhaps one that happens to be tickled by some subtle
[but legal] behavioral difference on certain systems).

-Miles

--
Clarionet, n. An instrument of torture operated by a person with cotton in his
ears. There are two instruments that are worse than a clarionet -- two
Old April 23rd 09, 05:52 AM
jack2009 jack2009 is offline
Junior Member

http://silverlight.spam/forums/t/76402.aspx

"This processor has a known problem when using early BIOS versions. The
symptom of that problem is exactly what you describe (Media playback
speed is not as expected)".

Is it true or it smells like fake?

The answer is easy - It doesn't matter, just dump
Silverlight and play videos like normal people do.

However, the other answer is no, a particular processor is
not going to cause video playback to be too fast.