can a pci-e based system run a second pci card ?

Old April 20th 07, 01:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
tr

Default can a pci-e based system run a second pci card ?

Subject pretty well is my question...I have an HP Media Cnter with a
pci-e geforce card as the display adapter...I want to add a second
video card (PCI in open slot) but I have been told atFry's that any
second card will disable the first pci-e card ?

Is it possible to have two video cards on the same pci-e based
computer system ?

Thanks., Tim

Old April 20th 07, 03:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Benjamin Gawert

* tr:

Subject pretty well is my question...I have an HP Media Cnter with a
pci-e geforce card as the display adapter...I want to add a second
video card (PCI in open slot) but I have been told atFry's that any
second card will disable the first pci-e card ?

They told you nonsense at Fry's...

Is it possible to have two video cards on the same pci-e based
computer system ?

Yes, it is. Usually there is a BIOS setting that lets you choose which
card will be the primary adapter. If your BIOS doesn't have this setting
then the priority is set after the slot numbering (which means your PCIe
gfx card will be primary).

Benjamin