NVIDIA: "We Underestimated Necessary Resources for Vista Driver Development"

Old April 18th 07, 02:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Rob Miller

Default NVIDIA: "We Underestimated Necessary Resources for Vista Driver Development"

Nothing better than reading an article with a bunch of unidentified
sources in it. Really makes me believe the credibility of the content.

Old April 19th 07, 01:37 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Charlie Wilkes

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:21:58 -0700, Frank wrote:

Glad to hear this is not a Vista problem as some here said it was and
hoped it was. It's also amazing nvidia couldn't get a proper driver
since beta's of Vista have been available for over a year! Thankfully I
use only ATI and Matrox cards. Frank

What's it like being a pimp, Frank? Do you drift off to sleep with a
satisfied smile on your face?

Microsoft earned 12.5 billion on revenues of 44 billion last year... a
28% margin.

Nvidia earned 500 million on revenues of 3 billion, a 14% margin.

Vista is by most accounts a buggy, ****ed-up operating system, and the
fact that big, fat Microsoft couldn't get it right is not mitigated by
the corresponding fact that hardware vendors like Nvidia are struggling
to come up with stable drivers.

Charlie
Old April 19th 07, 02:36 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
joey

It's one of the lamest excuses in software development history. Beta
versions of Vista have been out for ages.... Management didn't allow
developers to start on it soon enough. I hope a few of them get fired
over this.
Old April 19th 07, 12:38 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Roscoe

Like ATI cards are worth are worth anything with Vista. They suck just as
bad as Nvidia.

I thought Matrox went out of business last century?

Old April 19th 07, 10:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
babaloo

It is not the drivers that suck. It is Vista that sucks.
I had more luck trying to run OS2 on the woefully underpowered 486 computers
of that day than I have running Vista now.
Vista is the worst product every issued by Microsoft, an unbelievable
fiasco.

Old April 19th 07, 10:44 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Scotty©

"babaloo" wrote in message
et...
It is not the drivers that suck. It is Vista that sucks.
I had more luck trying to run OS2 on the woefully underpowered 486
computers of that day than I have running Vista now.
Vista is the worst product every issued by Microsoft, an unbelievable
fiasco.

what a turd you are...your best bet is to put your machine in the bin as you
have no idea how to use it
--
Scotty©

Old April 20th 07, 01:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
johns

Unstable Vista drivers were not the only problem. I
tested the 9xx drivers for XP for over a year, and
nVidia refused to fix the obvious bugs. For one,
you can't dial in custom settings using the 9xx
drivers for XP. I would call nVidia tech support, and
they would lie right in my face about it. I caught
them on every single lie, and then they would try
to turn it into a "stupid user" ploy. I caught them
on that too, and proved to their tech guys that
I was right, and even showed them a hack to
make custom settings work. I also showed them
how the 8xx drivers could do custom settings
fine .. and the problem was exclusive to all of
their 9xx drivers. Guess what ! The 9xx drivers
for XP are still broke .. going on over a year now.

johns

Old April 20th 07, 02:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
No One

babaloo wrote:
It is not the drivers that suck. It is Vista that sucks.
I had more luck trying to run OS2 on the woefully underpowered 486 computers
of that day than I have running Vista now.
Vista is the worst product every issued by Microsoft, an unbelievable
fiasco.

Agreed. Perhaps the last full OS from Micro$oft.
Old April 20th 07, 04:08 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
joey

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:39:55 GMT, "babaloo"
wrote:

It is not the drivers that suck. It is Vista that sucks.

Spoken by a true technology expert (yawn).

It's not Vista that interacts with the video card. The code between
the graphics system of the of an operating system and the driver is
all the same. The driver lies between the OS and the video card, and
the driver is where people are having problems. Drivers are written
by video card vendors, not Microsoft.

Vista is the worst product every issued by Microsoft, an unbelievable
fiasco.

People said the same thing about XP at first.
Old April 20th 07, 11:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
Conor

In article 6xIVh.13232$h8.9159@trnddc06, Roscoe says...
Like ATI cards are worth are worth anything with Vista. They suck just as
bad as Nvidia.

I thought Matrox went out of business last century?

No. THey just realised there was no point in trying to compete in the
3D gaming market and carried on in the niche sector for which they were
known. A good call IMO as it's saved them a ****load of money in R&D in
a game they could never win.

--
Conor