Help with XFX 8800GTX SLI

Old April 17th 07, 04:52 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Šave

Default Help with XFX 8800GTX SLI

Hi, as soon as I install my second graphics card the average framerate drops
by over 50%. For example, in aquamark 3 running the program at 1280x1024 at
max AA & Filtering and high settings gives an average framerate of 127 on
one card and 124 on the other when used alone. When used together the
average framerate drops to 47 but when I have both cards installed & select
single gpu in '3d settings' the fps goes up to 97.

So far I have;
Reinstalled nvidia drivers
Updated mobo bios
Made sure the card with the newest bios was in slot one
Enabled sli in nvidia control panel
Removed the graphic link panel
Enabled linkboost in bios
Enabled SLI memory in bios
Enabled Triple buffering
Enabled/disabled Vsync
Switched between SFR, AFR & Single GPU

The problem is apparent in Aquamark 3 and Hardware OC benchmark demos (prey
& half life 2). In 3dmark 06 the framerate in the gpu demos nearly doubles
using both cards together compared to either card on its own and the nvidia
adrianna demo went from 20fps to 40fps when using 2 cards.

If anyone has a solution to get my framerates up in actual games it would be
much appreciated as this is driving me nuts.

My system is as follows;
2x XFX 8800GTX
Intel e6600 2.4ghz
eVGA 680i mobo
2GB Corsair Dominator PC8500
2x 320GB Seagate Barracuda HDDs in RAID 0
Win XP Pro & Vista Ultimate

Cheers

Dave

Old April 17th 07, 08:12 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Mr.E Solved!

Šave wrote:

Win XP Pro & Vista Ultimate

Which is your primary, gaming OS? Please say XP!

You realize, Vista's SLI implementation is not ready for prime time.
Also, SLI profiles are application specific and the fact that you do see
gains with SLI in some apps, but not others indicates your configuration
is correct.

Time and driver revisions are the likely solutions, however, demos
aren't games and if they do not take advantage of SLI currently, they
may never.

Old April 17th 07, 08:25 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Šave

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
Šave wrote:

Win XP Pro & Vista Ultimate

Which is your primary, gaming OS? Please say XP!

You realize, Vista's SLI implementation is not ready for prime time. Also,
SLI profiles are application specific and the fact that you do see gains
with SLI in some apps, but not others indicates your configuration is
correct.

Time and driver revisions are the likely solutions, however, demos aren't
games and if they do not take advantage of SLI currently, they may never.

XP is my main OS but the problem persists on vista but is obviously worse.

Old April 19th 07, 05:14 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
DRS

"don't look" don't wrote in message

"Šave" wrote in message
. uk...

[...]

XP is my main OS but the problem persists on vista but is obviously
worse.

Power?Do you have an 850W+ PS?

Complete overkill.