Anyone tried installing the 64-bit version of Windows 7 yet?

Old February 11th 09, 11:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Harold Aptroot

Default Anyone tried installing the 64-bit version of Windows 7 yet?

"Darren Garrison" wrote in message
I tried installing the 64-bit version of Beta 1 of Windows 7-- got 3/4 of
the
way through setup, it told me that Windows could not be installed on this
hardware, exited. No details given on what was incompatible. Had to
restore XP
from a Ghost backup. CPU is Athlon X2 5050e, motherboard is Biostar MCP6P
M2+,
video card is Galaxy KFA2 Geforce Nvida 7300LE 256MB.

Bit late reply I know..

Yup I tried, and it worked fine on a 64bit VirtualBox hosted on 64bit XP,
with an Intel QX6850 however.

Old February 12th 09, 01:03 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Lenster[_2_]

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 23:19:54 +0100, "Harold Aptroot"
wrote:

"Darren Garrison" wrote in message
.. .
I tried installing the 64-bit version of Beta 1 of Windows 7-- got 3/4 of
the
way through setup, it told me that Windows could not be installed on this
hardware, exited. No details given on what was incompatible. Had to
restore XP
from a Ghost backup. CPU is Athlon X2 5050e, motherboard is Biostar MCP6P
M2+,
video card is Galaxy KFA2 Geforce Nvida 7300LE 256MB.

Bit late reply I know..

Yup I tried, and it worked fine on a 64bit VirtualBox hosted on 64bit XP,
with an Intel QX6850 however.

First had it installed on an Opteron 165 which is a dual processor
with an ASROCK 939 Dual SATA2 Motherboard.

Now installed on an ASUS P5Q-5 with a Intel Q9650.

Both worked fine.