Upgrade Bios

Old October 14th 08, 08:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
flamer [email protected]

Default Upgrade Bios

Hi I have a gigabyte motherboard: GA-MA69VM-S2

I am trying to update the bios on it, its currently running F2, I have
downloaded what I believe to be the correct file fromt he gigabyte
website (a 512kb file called ma69vms2.f5) and when I try and load it
from Qbios I get two errors, the first being "invalid master boot
record" as soon as I click the update button, it lets me continue
though then when I point it to the .f5 file it loads it then says
"bios id check error" and gives no options to continue anyway.

Its weird as there is only one revision of the board (v1.0) and I am
100% I have the correct model number and if I save my current bios
then try and load that file it will let me (but not let me load the f2
file from the website). I have tried all the different versions from
different mirrors too and same thing happens.

The PC is running linux in CLI only so I believe Qbios is my only
option.

The reason I am trying to upgrade is because when I first turn the PC
on it will generally just sit with a blank screen until I hit the
reset button a couple of times, it does the same even with a soft
reset, the fans and drives spin up but nothing happens (no beeps at
all) then when it does boot up it always gives one long beep.

I think possibly the power supply is not high enough capacity for the
system but once its started it runs fine.

Flamer.
Old October 15th 08, 04:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
flamer [email protected]

Hi thanks for the reply, however I have tried all versions and none
work, including the version i am already running.

Flamer.
Old November 7th 08, 07:30 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
pokey man

unlocked (write protect off)? check setup.
kk