intel e1300 vs amd 4400+

Old July 22nd 08, 12:20 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Jure Sah[_2_]

Default intel e1300 vs amd 4400+

Old July 22nd 08, 03:07 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Rich Billionaire

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 13:20:38 +0200, Jure Sah
wrote:

Hello,

I convinced a friend of mine to get an AMD 4400+ instead of an Intel e1300.

Now I want to proove it to him that the cpu is better. Alas, I cannot
find any comparable benchmarks between the two CPUs or even standalone
Intel e1300 benchmarks. When I google up "Intel e1300", it says 0 results.

Can someone help?

Did you check out Tom's Hardware web site? They have comparisons of
all the AMD & Intel cpus.
Old July 22nd 08, 03:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
R. C. White

Hi, Jure Sah.

Very few experienced Usenet readers will open an attachment from a stranger,
especially if there is no text at all in the message body. You'll have a
much better chance of finding help if you will just type your question into
your message. I've copied it for you from your Message Source:

paste

Old July 22nd 08, 08:45 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Benjamin Gawert

* R. C. White:

Very few experienced Usenet readers will open an attachment from a
stranger, especially if there is no text at all in the message body.

There is no attachment and there is text in the message body. It's just
your crap newsreader (Windows Mail aka Outlook Express) that doesn't
show any text and shows an attachment when there is none. You should
really get a better news client.

Benjamin
Old July 22nd 08, 10:54 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Jure Sah[_2_]

Benjamin Gawert pravi:
* R. C. White:

Very few experienced Usenet readers will open an attachment from a
stranger, especially if there is no text at all in the message body.

There is no attachment and there is text in the message body. It's just
your crap newsreader (Windows Mail aka Outlook Express) that doesn't
show any text and shows an attachment when there is none. You should
really get a better news client.

I have to agree.

What you see is not an attachment, it's just a PGP signed message (a
certificate that makes sure that my content has not been tampered with
after I sent it and prooving that I sent it).

I suggest you use Thunderbird. It works a lot better and it's free. The
Enigmail addon for it will also verify the PGP signature.

Old July 22nd 08, 10:58 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Jure Sah[_2_]

Rich Billionaire pravi:
Did you check out Tom's Hardware web site? They have comparisons of
all the AMD & Intel cpus.

Yup. They have no benchmark for the E1300 either.

Old July 22nd 08, 11:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Jure Sah[_2_]

Jure Sah pravi:
Rich Billionaire pravi:
Did you check out Tom's Hardware web site? They have comparisons of
all the AMD & Intel cpus.

Yup. They have no benchmark for the E1300 either.

I just find it suspicious how nobody ever reviews ****ty Intel CPUs.

Tom's hardware has reviews of even the AMD Sempron 3200+, but no mention
whatsoever of the E1300, or even the slightly less sucky E1400 (which
seems to exist on Google unlike the E1300).

No wonder so many people are convinced AMDs suck.

Old July 23rd 08, 08:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Andy

wrote:

Hello,

I convinced a friend of mine to get an AMD 4400+ instead of an Intel e1300.

Now I want to proove it to him that the cpu is better. Alas, I cannot
find any comparable benchmarks between the two CPUs or even standalone
Intel e1300 benchmarks. When I google up "Intel e1300", it says 0 results.

Can someone help?

You're talking about a processor that exists (AMD 4400+) to one that
does not exist (Intel E1300). It's no contest; the processor that
exists beats the one that doesn't.
Old July 23rd 08, 12:19 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Jure Sah[_2_]

Andy pravi:
You're talking about a processor that exists (AMD 4400+) to one that
does not exist (Intel E1300). It's no contest; the processor that
exists beats the one that doesn't.

Funny how something I can buy in the local store for 50 € doesn't exist.

Old July 23rd 08, 12:25 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Jure Sah[_2_]

Jure Sah pravi:
Andy pravi:

From: