Need scanner/printer combo for x64?

Old January 17th 06, 04:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default Need scanner/printer combo for x64?

Hi all,

I used to have W98SE on my computer. Then upgraded to MSI/
Sempron 64 with Windows XP Pro x64. The printer scanner I
once used worked with W98SE but I can't find the drivers/software
for x64 (Lexmark X75). Anyone know of a cheap scanner/printer
that works with x64 version of Windows?

thanks,
charles....

Old January 17th 06, 05:01 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

It picked up my old Epson 870 automatically. I went to Epson website
and got the driver
for the 4800 Pro.

Still haven't gotten my FS4000us to work.Canon says they have no plans
to write
a 64 but driver for it. Go figure.

Jim

Old January 17th 06, 05:49 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

"***** charles" wrote in news:C48zf.139$2O6.57
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

I used to have W98SE on my computer. Then upgraded to MSI/
Sempron 64 with Windows XP Pro x64. The printer scanner I
once used worked with W98SE but I can't find the drivers/software
for x64 (Lexmark X75). Anyone know of a cheap scanner/printer
that works with x64 version of Windows?

First, I THOUGHT Lexmark had issued drivers, but haven't looked since
Brother released thiers.

Second, my Brother MFC-420CN ($133 on Pricewatch) (and I think all the
newer Brother's) works fine. I know the scanner and printer work, haven't
used the fax function yet. They make a lower end (no network interface,
only USB) version that is cheaper.

/ David Simpson \
| City of Heroes, Basic Stamp, RPGs, War Games |
| |

http://www.nyx.net/~dsimpson |
\____________________________________________/

Old January 17th 06, 07:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

"David Simpson" wrote in message
. 97.131...
"***** charles" wrote in news:C48zf.139$2O6.57
@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com:

I used to have W98SE on my computer. Then upgraded to MSI/
Sempron 64 with Windows XP Pro x64. The printer scanner I
once used worked with W98SE but I can't find the drivers/software
for x64 (Lexmark X75). Anyone know of a cheap scanner/printer
that works with x64 version of Windows?

First, I THOUGHT Lexmark had issued drivers, but haven't looked since
Brother released thiers.

Second, my Brother MFC-420CN ($133 on Pricewatch) (and I think all the
newer Brother's) works fine. I know the scanner and printer work, haven't
used the fax function yet. They make a lower end (no network interface,
only USB) version that is cheaper.

I went to Lexmarks website and none of the drivers listed will install on
x64.

charles....