Is it worth upgrading yet?

Old September 22nd 05, 09:04 PM
Neil Barras

Default Is it worth upgrading yet?

I'm only a gamer...Counter Strike Source and Half Life 2 mostly. Odd bit
of RPGs (Guild Wars). I was considering:

A64 3000 s754
s754 AGP MoBo
120GB IDE HDD (From current PC)
Case from current PC
CDRW/DVD Combo (From current PC)
FX5500 256MB (From current PC) for now

Bits I would sell:

2.6GHz 400FSB Northwood P4
1x256MB PC2100 Samsung
1x256MB PC2700 PNY
ASUS P4S800

Estimated prices I could expect for these are appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil
Old September 23rd 05, 12:46 AM
pragi

go a64 i work in pc shop basicly could buil anything i want i have

a64 754 3400
1024 ddr 400 OCZ low laticey
2x 80gb maxtor sata raid
9800xt 128mb
asus k8v se duluxe

and it f**king flys having had both 32 bit athlon(3200) and i had a 2.4
p4
this is the only one thats realy inpressed me you will need ddr 400
get ocz matched pairs they do value ones that i cant fault the have
laticeys of bout 2.5
jus offa topa my head (might be bit off) when the kingston of the same
price is about 5

on conclusion GET A ATHLON 64 sell your mum if u have too

6fc

Old September 23rd 05, 08:09 AM
TonyC

"pragi" wrote in message
oups.com...
go a64 i work in pc shop basicly could buil anything i want i have

a64 754 3400
1024 ddr 400 OCZ low laticey
2x 80gb maxtor sata raid
9800xt 128mb
asus k8v se duluxe

and it f**king flys having had both 32 bit athlon(3200) and i had a 2.4
p4
this is the only one thats realy inpressed me you will need ddr 400
get ocz matched pairs they do value ones that i cant fault the have
laticeys of bout 2.5
jus offa topa my head (might be bit off) when the kingston of the same
price is about 5

on conclusion GET A ATHLON 64 sell your mum if u have too

6fc

Crikey mate, you need a new keyboard!

Old September 23rd 05, 08:15 AM
TonyC

"Neil Barras" wrote in message
I'm only a gamer...Counter Strike Source and Half Life 2 mostly. Odd bit
of RPGs (Guild Wars). I was considering:

A64 3000 s754
s754 AGP MoBo
120GB IDE HDD (From current PC)
Case from current PC
CDRW/DVD Combo (From current PC)
FX5500 256MB (From current PC) for now

Bits I would sell:

2.6GHz 400FSB Northwood P4
1x256MB PC2100 Samsung
1x256MB PC2700 PNY
ASUS P4S800

Estimated prices I could expect for these are appreciated.

Cheers,

Neil

Go for a 939pin board and get a slightly lower end CPU, maybe an AMD64
3200/3000. If you can't find nForce4 with AGP get nForce3. Get Asus or DFI
if possible and a pair of PC3200 or better RAM.

"I'm only a gamer" Only? Won't find many thing more demanding of hardware
than games!

Old September 23rd 05, 11:30 PM

As a local computer shop I find it appalling the amount of so-called
sex shops and frilly underpants shops there are sprouting up everywhere
!

Only last week someone entered me, and demanded that I show them all
the best edible corsets and Rocco movies I had to offer!

The trouble is that the youth of today have no respect! I say bring
back national express, it wasnt the same 30 years ago when young people
had to join an ailing coach company and drive to Grozny and back.
Taught them some discipline so it did.