New X2 3800+ computer- to-be ...

Old September 23rd 05, 03:40 PM
Paolo Pignatelli

Default New X2 3800+ computer- to-be ...

I am seriously considering the following components for my new box. I do
not game, the major use will be for programming under Visual Studio.Net and
SQL Server. I also wish this box to serve for Windows Vista, when it comes
along. I am concerend about possible fan noise of the CPU, so a suggestion,
if needed, about possible solutions would be appreciated.

TIA

1 Antec LifeStyle SONATA II Piano Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
450Watt
SmartPower 2.0 ATX 12V V2.0 for AMD & Intel systems Power Supply - Retail
Model #: SONATA II

1 ASUS A8N-E Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
Model #: A8N-E

1 ASUS EAX550GE/TD/256M Radeon X550 256MB DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card -
Retail
Model #: EAX550GE/TD/256M

1 AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model

ADA3800BVBOX - Retail
Model #: ADA3800BVBOX

1 OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual
Channel

Platinum System Memory Model OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K - Retail
Model #: OCZ4002048ELDCPE-K

1 SONY Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal Floppy Drive Windows 98SE/ ME/ 2000/ XP -
OEM
Model #: MPF920 Black

2 HITACHI Deskstar T7K250 0A31636 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive -
OEM
Model #: 0A31636

1 Microsoft K99-00001 2-Tone PS/2 Wired Ergonomics Keyboard Mouse
Included - OEM
Model #: K99-00001

1 LITE-ON Black IDE DVD Burner Model SOHW-1693S Black - Retail
Model #: SOHW-1693S Black

Old September 23rd 05, 04:28 PM
General Schvantzkoph

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 10:40:35 -0400, Paolo Pignatelli wrote:

[...]

The system looks fine. I have a 4400+ system with a
Thermaltake Soprano Mid Tower Case w/No PS Silver (VB1000SWS)
case.
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merch..._Code= 100552

This case has a side fan right above the CPU which vents the CPU heat
directly out of the case. The system is reasonably quiet.