9400 gt

Old October 27th 11, 10:36 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
PcGAmeR22[_9_]

Default 9400 gt

is 80 degrees Cecilius safe for my 9400 gt
i play games and temps sometimes go up to 80

Old October 28th 11, 08:30 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
yukonron[_12_]

yukonron;1314721 Wrote:
Yeah that's 176 degrees fahrenheit, meat cooks at 160, water boils at
212. You really should look at a high performance fan or keep a fire
extinguisher handy.

Did some more research on your 9400GT found this info.
60C idle is a little bit high (should be 45 -50 about). The other load
temperatures are o.k. You should'nt have no real reason to think the
load temps are bad before you hit 80C and up really.

But have you tried downloading the EVGA precision utility or Riva Tuner
and see if the fan runs low speed = about 30%? This is a common problem
with the later, compatible drivers. If you find out, that the fan are
running low? Crank it up to 50% fixed speed. A good load temp, are
between 65 and 70C.

You can always download GPU Z, and set it to log the temperatures while
playing a game for like 30 minutes.
Try cleaning your fan's with the canned air. You want to blow all of the
dust out from behind the fan's sometimes you get a layer of dust built
up on the heatsinks. My system will shut down to protect itself if the
temps get that high. I'm using a GeForce GT 430 and my temps are between
40 and 47c.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/product...gt-430-us.html
I can play all of the latest games with no problem.

Old October 28th 11, 09:57 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
PcGAmeR22[_10_]

first of all 60 average is after playing a game
if i dont play games and when i first turn my pc on the temp is 42
it goes up to 52 and stays 52 , when i play the game it keeps going up
depending on the game im playing , when i turn the game off it drops
back to 60 than slowly back to 52
and i already have evga precision and im using it to watch the temps
and second i cant control my fans speed , that option is not available
for some reason

Old October 29th 11, 06:14 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
yukonron[_13_]

PcGAmeR22;1314725 Wrote:
first of all 60 average is after playing a game
if i dont play games and when i first turn my pc on the temp is 42
it goes up to 52 and stays 52 , when i play the game it keeps going up
depending on the game im playing , when i turn the game off it drops
back to 60 than slowly back to 52
and i already have evga precision and im using it to watch the temps
and second i cant control my fans speed , that option is not available
for some reason

Here are a couple of programs
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
http://sourceforge.net/projects/nfo/
My old GeForce had it's own control panel for fan speed's and
overclocking but that was 8 years ago

Old October 29th 11, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
PcGAmeR22[_11_]

so this thing allows me to control the fan speed
awesome !

Old November 8th 11, 06:23 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
PcGAmeR22[_12_]

and please one more thing
just wanna ask u what are the safe overclock limits for my gpu
the default setting is
core clock 715
shader clock 1804
memory clock 510

Old January 17th 12, 01:06 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Brave Burger

yukonron wrote:
PcGAmeR22;1314720 Wrote:
is 80 degrees Cecilius safe for my 9400 gt
i play games and temps sometimes go up to 80

Yeah that's 176 degrees fahrenheit, meat cooks at 160, water boils at
212. You really should look at a high performance fan or keep a fire
extinguisher handy.

No we are talking degrees Cecilius here, a rare and secret
measuring scale that can not be discussed here in public ;o)

9400 gt yukonron[_11_] Nvidia Videocards 0 October 28th 11 12:02 AM
Inspiron 9400 gone? Ron Hardin Dell Computers 4 July 12th 07 05:02 AM
Inspiron 9400 with XP? Ron Hardin Dell Computers 8 March 21st 07 04:05 PM
1705 vs. 9400 richard Dell Computers 1 December 15th 06 08:12 PM
Inspiron 9400 TOOBIB Dell Computers 3 March 25th 06 04:14 PM