Full screen = Black Screen

Old December 23rd 10, 11:02 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Daniel Berger

Default Full screen = Black Screen

Whenever I run an application full screen, I get a black screen. Any
idea how to fix this?

I am on GNU/Linux.
--
Daniel Berger

Send files in free open formats.

Old December 24th 10, 01:25 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
ShadowTek[_5_]

On 2010-12-23, Daniel Berger wrote:
Whenever I run an application full screen, I get a black screen. Any
idea how to fix this?

I am on GNU/Linux.

Are you running multiple monitors?
Old December 25th 10, 10:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Daniel Berger

On 2010-12-23, Daniel Berger wrote:
Are you running multiple monitors?

Running just one Monitor.

Old December 25th 10, 11:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Paul

On 2010-12-23, Daniel Berger wrote:
Are you running multiple monitors?

Running just one Monitor.

Checks:

1) Google name of application. See if any bugs have
been filed against it, for that behavior.

2) What XWindows extensions does the application use ?
What extensions are called in full screen mode ?
XV or Xinerama ?

3) xdpyinfo (shows compiled in extensions)
/var/log/Xorg.0.log (shows XWindows startup)
dmesg | less (may report early driver issues)
(something related to kernel mode
setting [KMS] for graphics)

4) Do you have source ? Can you turn on debugging in
the application ? One movie player I tried to work
on, had to be fed "debug" to ./configure, to get a
tool with some printf's at runtime.

Posting to a Linux group, is likely to get you
an answer faster.

HTH,
Paul