DirectX 9.0b stops TV Tuner Working

Old July 25th 03, 11:11 PM
Les

Default DirectX 9.0b stops TV Tuner Working

I have XP with an AIW Radeon and the TV tuner (PAL) no longer works with
DX9.0b
Trying to access the tuner properties with any capture program causes an
exception

Old July 25th 03, 11:14 PM
erratic

On Fri, 25 Jul 2003 23:11:31 +0100, "Les"
wrote:

I have XP with an AIW Radeon and the TV tuner (PAL) no longer works with
DX9.0b
Trying to access the tuner properties with any capture program causes an
exception

ATI and Microsoft are working on it.
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...eadid=33700362
Old July 31st 03, 08:19 PM
Dr. Oliver Brock

Les schrieb:
I have XP with an AIW Radeon and the TV tuner (PAL) no longer works with
DX9.0b
Trying to access the tuner properties with any capture program causes an
exception

HI,

got a AIW 9000 PRO and exactly the same problem..no more TV, I have
tried to uninstall and reinstall everything, even Direct X to an older
version , but to no avail!
All other programs are running fine, but if trying to install TV over
MMC8.5, there is no choice to choose a TV standard, so I cant continue
with scanning for channels.
MAybe I ´ll write to MS...so we all should wait before downloading a new
directx version in the future...

Oliver

www.doc-brock.de

Old July 31st 03, 08:40 PM
Dr. Oliver Brock

Les schrieb:

I have XP with an AIW Radeon and the TV tuner (PAL) no longer works with
DX9.0b
Trying to access the tuner properties with any capture program causes an
exception

Hi,

got the same problem with XP SP1 and AIW 9000Pro Pal.
Choosing a TV standard is not possible anymore, thus no scanning for
channels...I need my TV, does anybody know of help?

ATI didnt respon until now despite several queries!
Even rolling back DX and using old catalyst drivers/MMC 8.1 or 7.9 didnt
work.

HELP!

Oliver

Old July 31st 03, 08:44 PM
Sławomir Żaboklicki

I figure that by now, you should be able to cobble together a complete
version of Windows from all the security updates released. Everything, but
everything has had some kind of security issue at some time or another! ;-)

see
http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...eadid=33700362

Old August 1st 03, 09:37 AM
Sławomir Żaboklicki

Użytkownik "Dr. Oliver Brock" napisał w wiadomo¶ci ...
Les schrieb:

I have XP with an AIW Radeon and the TV tuner (PAL) no longer works with
DX9.0b
Trying to access the tuner properties with any capture program causes an
exception

Hi,

got the same problem with XP SP1 and AIW 9000Pro Pal.
Choosing a TV standard is not possible anymore, thus no scanning for
channels...I need my TV, does anybody know of help?

ATI didnt respon until now despite several queries!
Even rolling back DX and using old catalyst drivers/MMC 8.1 or 7.9 didnt
work.

I thing the best is to try system restore to version befor upgrade DirectX and
wait for new verion of Catalyst
SZ

Old August 23rd 03, 07:49 PM
Syr Ano

"Seb" a écrit dans le message de news:
There is no remedy to the problem and there hasn't been for a month now!

This problem happened previously and history has a funny way of repeating
itself. Back when Direct X 8.0b was released this problem occured and
Microsoft then released Direct X 8.1 and this fixed the problem! For some
reason I dont see a new Direct X driver being released anytime soon (for a
few months?)

As I never made a previous restore point on my PC I will have to fix the
problem in the following way:

backup everything worth keeping and format the PC and install EVERYTHING

all
over again Except direct x 9b

Seb

"Les" wrote in message
I have XP with an AIW Radeon and the TV tuner (PAL) no longer works with
DX9.0b
Trying to access the tuner properties with any capture program causes an
exception

"Ingosen" a écrit dans le message de news:
Thanks a lot. It worked.

Don't forget it, fix it. Replacing kstvtune.ax with an older version
fixes the PAL tuner problem.
http://www.mustafa.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fix.zip

More information in this thread:

http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthre...perpage=20&pag