Do I need to use Catalyst Control Center ?

Old July 26th 07, 06:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Russell

Default Do I need to use Catalyst Control Center ?

I'm using a Sapphire x1300 with a CRT at 1280x960 @ 85Htz mostly for 2D graphic
work (Photoshop) and don't use any games. Is there any reason that I need to
install the Catalyst Control Center? What important abilities/options will I
lose if I uninstall it and just install the basic display driver.

Thanks

Russell :-)
Old July 26th 07, 07:19 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Ken Maltby

"Russell" wrote in message
I'm using a Sapphire x1300 with a CRT at 1280x960 @ 85Htz mostly for 2D
graphic
work (Photoshop) and don't use any games. Is there any reason that I need
install the Catalyst Control Center? What important abilities/options will
lose if I uninstall it and just install the basic display driver.

Thanks

Russell :-)

If you have it installed now, then what features of it are
you currently using? There are other programs like
AtiTray that can do what the CCC does (and not need
..Net). I am running this system with nothing but the
driver now. X850 XT PE feeding a Viewsonic
VG2230wm @ 1680x1050

Luck;
Ken

Old July 26th 07, 07:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Russell

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 13:19:23 -0500, "Ken Maltby" wrote:

If you have it installed now, then what features of it are
you currently using?

Thanks for the response, Ken.

I just uninstalled the CCC and installed the driver only. Seems to work the same
and there's no need to have all those extra ATI services running in the
background. Like many folks I assumed that installing the CCCwas necessary for
the card to work properly...

Cheers,

Russell