Onboard soundcard

Old October 7th 03, 01:39 AM
Agron

Default Onboard soundcard

I purchased AsusA7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Everything else is working just
fine with the
exception of the onboard sound . The only sound I am managing to get is from
the
system speaker (which is independent from the onboard...).
I have 2 plain speakers (Grundig Finearts FPA 201). Everything is connected,
the BIOS says that the OB sound is set on auto... The green jack is the one
I am using, analogue is set in control panel etc... I did not mess with the
jumpers etc.

I notice that the "led's" in the speaker level output go on when I try and
play an Mp3 or a CD.

Regards,

Old October 14th 03, 04:51 AM
Rotes Sapiens

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 01:39:35 +0100, "Agron" wrote:

I purchased AsusA7N8X Deluxe Motherboard. Everything else is working just
fine with the
exception of the onboard sound . The only sound I am managing to get is from
the
system speaker (which is independent from the onboard...).
I have 2 plain speakers (Grundig Finearts FPA 201). Everything is connected,
the BIOS says that the OB sound is set on auto... The green jack is the one
I am using, analogue is set in control panel etc... I did not mess with the
jumpers etc.

I notice that the "led's" in the speaker level output go on when I try and
play an Mp3 or a CD.

Have you installed the drivers for the onboard sound? They are on the
mainboard CD with drivers for modem etc (if applicable). Unlike a
plugin soundcard, onboard sound will NOT work without the special
drivers. When you have installed the manufacturers drivers, you will
still need to reboot for Windows to find the onboard sound. Or
install the sound drivers if you are using another OS.

Sig:
To be or not to be is true - G. Boole