Burning a Bootable CD with Nero 6.0 Ultra Edition

Old February 2nd 05, 09:49 PM

Default Burning a Bootable CD with Nero 6.0 Ultra Edition

I have the LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW 16335 DVD Burner and this comes with a
software package which installs a "Suite " which contains :- Nero
Express, Nero OEM , Nero Media Player.

I attempted to burn a Bootable Slipstreamed XP Pro_SP2 CD with this
software - (the appropriate App would seem to be NERO EXPRESS 6) - and
was following a guide found at
http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase...slipstream.asp

This instruction requests , in Step 5a , that the "New Compilation"
Menu in Nero be accessed - this is the Menu where the following
selections should be made :-

Kind of emulation: No Emulation
Boot Message: Nero Boot-Loader V6.
Load segment of sector (hex) 07CO
Number of loaded sectors: 4

....etc

I cannot find this "New Compilation" Menu in this Nero Suite.

I had this Menu in the Nero v 5.5 which came bundled with my
earlier-bought CD Burner , the LITE-ON LTR 401255 but this doesn't
seem to be included in the later supplied software.

Can anyone tell me how I can access such a section in this latest Nero
"Suite" please ?

B.N.

--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"
Old February 3rd 05, 08:00 PM
Bob H

[...]

Post this in a cdr NG. You will get a better response

--
Bob H
Leeds UK
Old February 3rd 05, 11:20 PM

Post this in a cdr NG. You will get a better response

Thanks , I will.

B.N.

--

to reply by e-mail remove "admiral_"
Old February 7th 05, 05:52 PM
Frank

wrote in message

Post this in a cdr NG. You will get a better response

Thanks , I will.

A little late, but google for autostreamer.
http://www.autopatcher.com/autostreamer.html
All that you will need is the XP cd and SP2. ....Works like magic...

Old February 7th 05, 06:31 PM
Timothy Daniels

"Frank" wrote:

A little late, but google for autostreamer.
http://www.autopatcher.com/autostreamer.html
All that you will need is the XP cd and SP2. ....
Works like magic...

Is there an advantage to using Autostreamer
if one has Nero Burning ROM software? Does
Autostreamer depend on there being a utility
available such as Nero Burning ROM?

*Tim.R.Daniels*
Old February 8th 05, 06:04 AM
BBUNNY

"Timothy Daniels" wrote in message
news
"Frank" wrote:

A little late, but google for autostreamer.
http://www.autopatcher.com/autostreamer.html
All that you will need is the XP cd and SP2. ....
Works like magic...

Is there an advantage to using Autostreamer
if one has Nero Burning ROM software? Does
Autostreamer depend on there being a utility
available such as Nero Burning ROM?

*Tim.R.Daniels*

AutoStreamer will slipstream Service Packs into original Windows setup
files.

All you need is your Windows CD or a local share, a Service Pack for that
version of Windows,

and a CD-Writer to burn the CD image.

Old February 8th 05, 06:56 AM
Timothy Daniels

"BBUNNY" wrote:

"Timothy Daniels" wrote:
"Frank" wrote:

A little late, but google for autostreamer.
http://www.autopatcher.com/autostreamer.html
All that you will need is the XP cd and SP2. ....
Works like magic...

Is there an advantage to using Autostreamer
if one has Nero Burning ROM software? Does
Autostreamer depend on there being a utility
available such as Nero Burning ROM?

AutoStreamer will slipstream Service Packs into
original Windows setup files.

All you need is your Windows CD or a local share,
a Service Pack for that version of Windows,

and a CD-Writer to burn the CD image.

So it sounds like that with Autostreamer, one could
use the CD burner utility in Windows XP instead of
Nero Burning ROM to make the recovery CD. Is
that right?

~TimRegDan~
Old February 8th 05, 08:32 AM
BBUNNY

"BBUNNY" wrote:
"Timothy Daniels" wrote:
"Frank" wrote:
A little late, but google for autostreamer.
http://www.autopatcher.com/autostreamer.html
All that you will need is the XP cd and SP2. ....
Works like magic...

Is there an advantage to using Autostreamer
if one has Nero Burning ROM software? Does
Autostreamer depend on there being a utility
available such as Nero Burning ROM?

AutoStreamer will slipstream Service Packs into
original Windows setup files.

All you need is your Windows CD or a local share,
a Service Pack for that version of Windows,

and a CD-Writer to burn the CD image.

So it sounds like that with Autostreamer, one could
use the CD burner utility in Windows XP instead of
Nero Burning ROM to make the recovery CD. Is
that right?

~TimRegDan~

I don't know for sure how it works, except that I slipstreamed
W2KPRO to SP4 and WXPHOME plus WXPPRO to SP2.

Old February 8th 05, 05:38 PM
Timothy Daniels

"BBUNNY" wrote:
"Timothy Daniels" wrote:
"BBUNNY" wrote:
"Timothy Daniels" wrote:
"Frank" wrote:
A little late, but google for autostreamer.
http://www.autopatcher.com/autostreamer.html
All that you will need is the XP cd and SP2. ....
Works like magic...

Is there an advantage to using Autostreamer
if one has Nero Burning ROM software? Does
Autostreamer depend on there being a utility
available such as Nero Burning ROM?

AutoStreamer will slipstream Service Packs into
original Windows setup files.

All you need is your Windows CD or a local share,
a Service Pack for that version of Windows,

and a CD-Writer to burn the CD image.

So it sounds like that with Autostreamer, one could
use the CD burner utility in Windows XP instead of
Nero Burning ROM to make the recovery CD. Is
that right?

I don't know for sure how it works, except that I slipstreamed
W2KPRO to SP4 and WXPHOME plus WXPPRO to SP2.

OK, it sounds then like you only interfaced with Autostreamer
and didn't have to manually invoke any burning software that
you knew of. You just dragged 'n dropped files to Autostreamer
and told Autostreamer to "do it". Is that right?

Did you have any other burning software installed? I ask that
because one or the other Nero utilities require that the WinXP
burning driver be disabled - something I imagine might
interfere with Autostreamer if it didn't have its own driver.

*TimDan*
Old February 8th 05, 06:10 PM
Piers James

It seems that Ahead allowed the full version of Nero 5.5 to be shipped with
CD burners, but now they are only shipping Nero Express with newer burners.
That said, I'm sure Nero Express has the option to burn a bootable CD, it's
just the options will be in a different place. Have you tried using Nero
SmartStart and selecting bootable cd from there??