Nero and bootable cd's?

Old August 5th 06, 05:37 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Paul Heslop

Default Nero and bootable cd's?

Peter van der Goes wrote:

"Paul Heslop" wrote in message

So did all my old versions, no matter how small they were. It seems
Charles has been sold a dummy.
--
Paul (Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs)
Stop and Look

Not a dummy, but a reduced feature set for an edition designed (primarily)
for inclusion with a drive.
I'll bet the marketing and beancounter types at Nero decided that far too
many Nero users were completely satisfied with their OEM Express and never
upgraded. Solution? Remove more features to generate more $U$upgrades.

could well be.
Old August 6th 06, 07:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.cdr
Brian K

On 8/3/2006 4:24 PM ***** charles wrote:
***** charles wrote:

I just got a burner and installed Nero 7 Essentails.
I need to create a bootable cd but haven't figured
out how to do that. I've been all through the
software and don't see any choices for making a
bootable cd. What am I missing or should I get
a different program for this?

Essential is Nero 7 oem version. It's not a demo version.

Open Nero StartSmart, the one on the Quick Start. Click the left arrow
in the middle of left border. Expand Applications (with double-arrow),
and choose Nero Express and select Data. Doesn't "Bootable Data Disc"
show up?

.
I uninstalled the 7 version and reinstalled the 5.5 version that I had and
it
let me make the cdrom that I needed. I may reistall 7 in the future just
to be able to try your suggestion but during the installation of 7, it did
say "Demo" in the installation window. Now I am not "under the gun"
I may play with 7 a little more in the future but I don't think that
"Bootable Data Disc" shows up anywhere in the software since I remember
going to where you suggest in the above.

later,
charles.....

Charles,

I just came into this. According to Ahead makers of Nero, Demos are
supposed to be free and can be downloaded as well. I wouldn't do
business with the software dealer you got that OEM Nero 7 Demo from.
That's as bad as those Software CD sellers at Computer Fairs that sell
disks that are clearly marked "Demo" and "Sale of this CD is Prohibited"
or some such.

--
________
Brian M. Kochera