HP Officejet d145xi vs HP 6110xi

Old January 18th 04, 11:09 PM
Alora Duncan

Default HP Officejet d145xi vs HP 6110xi

Any HP experts out there know the difference between these two printers:
HP Officejet d145xi vs HP Officejet 6110xi

I look at each; I look at the specs; I can't tell the difference?

Why does HP bother to change the model if they don't change anything else?
Or did they?

Tangalora
Old January 19th 04, 05:46 AM
Bob Headrick

"Alora Duncan" wrote in message
om...
Any HP experts out there know the difference between these two printers:
HP Officejet d145xi vs HP Officejet 6110xi

I look at each; I look at the specs; I can't tell the difference?

Why does HP bother to change the model if they don't change anything else?
Or did they?

While these units look similar there are significant differences in the
underlying technology. The D145 has separate printheads and ink supplies. The
ink supplies are relatively less expensive on a per page basis, but in time the
user replaceable printheads will need to be replaced. The 6110 uses cartridges
with the ink and printhead in one unit (actually one for black and one for
color). The D145 is better for a higher printing duty cycle. If you are not
going to do a lot of printing the 6110 would probably be a better choice.

Both can accommodate an automatic two-sided duplexer - it may be optional on
the 6110. the 6110 can accommodate a photo cartridge, which replaces the black
cartridge with a photo cartridge for six ink photo printing. I believe the
D145 will do automatic double sided copies (from the automatic document
feeder), I do not think the 6110 does this. The D145 is somewhat faster,
especially for color copies or printing.

Regards,

Old February 17th 04, 04:22 PM
Gary Hunt

"Bob Headrick" wrote in message ...
"Alora Duncan" wrote in message
om...

While these units look similar there are significant differences in the
underlying technology. The D145 has separate printheads and ink supplies.

This is EXCELLENT information (most people do not understand printers,
but you seem to!). The manufacturers profit off our total ignorance.

I've been wondering the SAME things for a long time.
I always buy my printers at CostCo.
Now they replaced the Hewlett Packard HP OJ611xi with a newer model
HP OfficeJet 7140xi.

I can't tell the difference either!

What is the difference between the HP Office Jet 6110 xi and the
HP OfficeJet d 145xi.

(Both have the double-sided feature, both have the camera cards,
I'm not sure about the networking capability, but, they LOOK THE SAME
on the box at CostCo).

GH

Old February 20th 04, 06:31 AM
Bob Headrick

"Gary Hunt" wrote in message
om...
"Bob Headrick" wrote in message

While these units look similar there are significant differences in the
underlying technology. The D145 has separate printheads and ink supplies.

This is EXCELLENT information (most people do not understand printers,
but you seem to!). The manufacturers profit off our total ignorance.

I've been wondering the SAME things for a long time.
I always buy my printers at CostCo.
Now they replaced the Hewlett Packard HP OJ611xi with a newer model
HP OfficeJet 7140xi.

I can't tell the difference either!

What is the difference between the HP Office Jet 6110 xi and the
HP OfficeJet d 145xi.

(Both have the double-sided feature, both have the camera cards,
I'm not sure about the networking capability, but, they LOOK THE SAME
on the box at CostCo).

I assume you are asking about the differences between the Officejet 6110 and
the Officejet 7140. I do not have any information on the 7140, but the 7100
series is based on the same technology as the D series. The previous
comparison between the 6110 and the D series would apply to comparisons between
the 6110 and the 7100 series.

Regards,