Where to buy a Dell Laptop Battery?

Old August 2nd 09, 09:09 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
[Lnz]

Default Where to buy a Dell Laptop Battery?

I need a new battery for a Dell Inspiron 6000 but I am a bit reluctant
to pay Dell's extortionate price.

A search on the web throws up a number of sites, but most of them seem
to be based in HK, or not have any real contact address at all.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on a UK supplier who will provide a
reliable and good quality battery.

TIA

Lorenz
Old August 2nd 09, 09:51 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
Conor[_3_]

In article , [Lnz] says...

I need a new battery for a Dell Inspiron 6000 but I am a bit reluctant
to pay Dell's extortionate price.

A search on the web throws up a number of sites, but most of them seem
to be based in HK, or not have any real contact address at all.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on a UK supplier who will provide a
reliable and good quality battery.

B2c-shopping. Used them myself in the past.

--
Conor
www.notebooks-r-us.co.uk
Old August 2nd 09, 10:31 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
DrTeeth

On Sun, 02 Aug 2009 21:09:31 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, "[Lnz]" disturbed my reverie and wrote:

I need a new battery for a Dell Inspiron 6000 but I am a bit reluctant
to pay Dell's extortionate price.

A search on the web throws up a number of sites, but most of them seem
to be based in HK, or not have any real contact address at all.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on a UK supplier who will provide a
reliable and good quality battery.

TIA

Lorenz

Hi Lorenz,

Well spotted about the HK link. becoming a big problem foreign
companies using the .co.uk domain.

Have used http://www.laptopshop.co.uk/ in the past. I actually had to
use their customer service as the battery failed after 10 months.
Replaced very quickly with no argument. Will use them every time even
if they are not the cheapest. Good CS is getting hard to find these
days and if those that supply it do not get supported, we are ALL
stuffed.
--

Cheers,

DrT

Old August 3rd 09, 08:46 AM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
[Lnz]

Default Advice Needed: Where to buy a Dell Laptop Battery?

(Apologies if you get this message twice.)

Can anybody suggest a reliable UK source where I can buy a battery for
a Dell laptop?

I need a new battery for a Dell Inspiron 6000 but I am a bit reluctant
to pay Dell's extortionate price.

A search on the web throws up a number of sites, but most of them seem
to be based in HK, or not have any real contact address at all, or
refer to the same company.

TIA

Lorenz
Old August 3rd 09, 01:08 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
[Lnz]

Default THANKS: Where to buy a Dell Laptop Battery?

Thanks to Conor, DC and DrTeeth for the suggestions.

What puzzled me no end was that a significant number of apparently
different sites all led to a single company (Zanut Limited) with an
address at Big Yellow Self Storage Unit 1 1000 North Circular Road
London NW2 7JP

Lorenz

Old August 3rd 09, 02:51 PM posted to uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors,uk.adverts.computer
Bob Eager

On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 07:46:37 UTC, "[Lnz]" wrote:

(Apologies if you get this message twice.)

Can anybody suggest a reliable UK source where I can buy a battery for
a Dell laptop?

I need a new battery for a Dell Inspiron 6000 but I am a bit reluctant
to pay Dell's extortionate price.

A search on the web throws up a number of sites, but most of them seem
to be based in HK, or not have any real contact address at all, or
refer to the same company.

Tried mdsbattery.co.uk?

I've had several (non laptop, mainly UPS) batteries from them with no
problems.

--
[Davism - a condition by which the sufferer experiences an inability
euthanasia recommended.
Old August 4th 09, 09:49 AM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
Adrian C

[Lnz] wrote:
Thanks to Conor, DC and DrTeeth for the suggestions.

What puzzled me no end was that a significant number of apparently
different sites all led to a single company (Zanut Limited) with an
address at Big Yellow Self Storage Unit 1 1000 North Circular Road
London NW2 7JP

ZANUT LIMITED
C/O LIU'S ACCOUNTANCY
1ST FLOOR WEST 52 SHAFTESBURY AVENUE
LONDON
W1D 6LP
Company No. 06550040

Date of Incorporation: 31/03/2008

Country of Origin: United Kingdom
Company Type: Private Limited Company
Nature of Business (SIC(03)):
5263 - Other non-store retail sale

FWIW LIU'S ACCOUNTANCY is in china town.

--
Adrian C
Old August 4th 09, 09:54 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
DrTeeth

On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 13:08:00 +0100, just as I was about to take a
herb, "[Lnz]" disturbed my reverie and wrote:

What puzzled me no end was that a significant number of apparently
different sites all led to a single company (Zanut Limited) with an
address at Big Yellow Self Storage Unit 1 1000 North Circular Road
London NW2 7JP

Does not sound kosher to me.
--
Cheers,

DrT

"If you want to find out what is wrong
with democracy, spend five minutes with
the average voter." - Winston Churchill
Old August 6th 09, 06:39 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
nut[_2_]

[Lnz] wrote:
I need a new battery for a Dell Inspiron 6000 but I am a bit reluctant
to pay Dell's extortionate price.

A search on the web throws up a number of sites, but most of them seem
to be based in HK, or not have any real contact address at all.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on a UK supplier who will provide a
reliable and good quality battery.

www.battery.co.uk

I don't have any affiliation with them, nor have i purchased anything, but
they have solid contact info on their website:

We are open Monday to Friday from 9am until 5.30pm (GMT).
You can contact us the following ways:
www.battery.co.uk ltd
Abbott House
Hale Road
FARNHAM
Surrey, GU9 9QH
UK

Non-Geographical No.: 0845 22 22 888
UK Geographical No.: 01252 722888
International: + 44 1252 722888
Fax: 01252 721900
Text us on: 07974 242539

e-mail:

Our customer service telephone number is 0845 22 22 888. This number is
available 0900 hrs to 1730 hrs Monday to Friday except Bank Holidays. The
cost of this call will be at local rates, we recommend using the 01252
number if calling in our local area
Registered number: 06034135.
Registered in England & Wales.
Registered office: Abbott House, 14a Hale Road, Farnham, GU9 9QH

hth

Old August 6th 09, 06:49 PM posted to uk.adverts.computer,uk.comp.homebuilt,uk.comp.vendors
Niel J Humphreys[_2_]

"nut" wrote in message
[Lnz] wrote:
I need a new battery for a Dell Inspiron 6000 but I am a bit reluctant
to pay Dell's extortionate price.

A search on the web throws up a number of sites, but most of them seem
to be based in HK, or not have any real contact address at all.

I'd appreciate any suggestions on a UK supplier who will provide a
reliable and good quality battery.

www.battery.co.uk

I don't have any affiliation with them, nor have i purchased anything, but
they have solid contact info on their website:

I have used them in the past & can vouch for them. Having said that cheap
batteries from China on Ebay are a fraction of the price and represent far
better value for money.