Motherboard ID please

Old June 23rd 03, 05:10 PM
Li'l ol' me

Default Motherboard ID please

Think you're right. You beat the other guy by 2 mins, but thanks to you
both!

I'm pretty sure it takes an Athlon (palomino), but when I hook this up, the
board powers up by itself (but doesn't post) and the only way to shut it off
is the mains switch (ouch!) as the front panel wont respond (or even
illuminate). I have the manual and can only wire it up so many ways. And
yes, I've moved the CMOS to the right place.

"steven67@" wrote in message
Li'l ol' me wrote:

Quick follow-up. Looks very similar to an ECS K7SEM, but that's

arranged
slightly differently and doesn't have a RED IDE1 in the piccie I've

seen.

Also forgot to mention, this is marked 'rev 7.0', and has 2 USB (don't

they
all?) and one LAN connection.

"Li'l ol' me" wrote in message
I have a socket 462 I can't ID. Don't reckon it'll take an XP, so

cant
even
tell if working.

It's a microATX
It has built in audio (CMI9738 is that the audio one? sounds familiar)
Possibly built in video (no idea what)
Only 2 PCI slots
NO ISA
One riser slot.
AMI BIOS chip (marked AX33 but AOPEN AX33 is a socket370)
2 X SDR slots

Other distinguishing features:
Orange/Brown board with sort of orangey unmarked heatsink right in the
middle
1st of 2 IDE sockets is red.
KTS manufactured CMOS battery

TIA

.

It might be one of these: http://www.pcchips.com.tw/M810LMR.html

The picture shows an AGP slot. An AGP slot was optional, so they didn't

all
have them.

Try the PCChips Lottery for more information:
http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q39...ips/index.html

Old June 23rd 03, 10:24 PM
Li'l ol' me

"steven67@" wrote in message
.

It might be one of these: http://www.pcchips.com.tw/M810LMR.html

The picture shows an AGP slot. An AGP slot was optional, so they

didn't
all
have them.

Try the PCChips Lottery for more information:
http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q39...ips/index.html

.

Which "Palomino" is it? A BIOS upgrade may be needed to support this

processor.

Its an XP1500. I believe the low-end XPs run straight from the box on
version 7 and above boards. I've been told that even without BIOS support I
should be able to post, but that shouldn't be considered as I'm only using
the lowest possible XP.

Old June 24th 03, 12:36 AM
kony

On Mon, 23 Jun 2003 22:24:19 +0100, "Li'l ol' me"
wrote:

"steven67@" wrote in message
.

It might be one of these: http://www.pcchips.com.tw/M810LMR.html

The picture shows an AGP slot. An AGP slot was optional, so they

didn't
all
have them.

Try the PCChips Lottery for more information:
http://www.stud.fernuni-hagen.de/q39...ips/index.html

.

Which "Palomino" is it? A BIOS upgrade may be needed to support this

processor.

Its an XP1500. I believe the low-end XPs run straight from the box on
version 7 and above boards. I've been told that even without BIOS support I
should be able to post, but that shouldn't be considered as I'm only using
the lowest possible XP.

My experience with ECS/PCChips et al motherboards is that you may not
be able to POST at all without the appropriate bios. However I have
not tried an Athlon XP on that particular board or any of it's
near-identical "relatives". Oddly enough, sometimes a latter BIOS may
NOT work when an earlier BIOS will, like the original shipping BIOS,
perhaps not even the original shipping BIOS for that revision of board
but for the first revision. Flashing a BIOS for an older revision
that has different components might be risky though, do so at your own
risk.

Dave