Advent ADE-1300k installation problems

Old January 10th 07, 11:35 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Howard

Default Advent ADE-1300k installation problems

Hello,

I was given a Advent ADE-1300k webcam for christmas and when i installed it
i got an error saying "windows cannot load the device driver for this
hardware" (code39)

I haver tried it on all my usb ports (including self powered) and i get the
same error.

I am running windows xp pro service pack 2

I have troed it on my friends computer who is running windows xp as well
but on a fresh install.

Any help would be great.

Regards

Howard

Old January 11th 07, 12:41 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
jambongre

"Howard" wrote in message
Hello,

I was given a Advent ADE-1300k webcam for christmas and when i installed
it i got an error saying "windows cannot load the device driver for this
hardware" (code39)

I haver tried it on all my usb ports (including self powered) and i get
the same error.

I am running windows xp pro service pack 2

I have troed it on my friends computer who is running windows xp as well
but on a fresh install.

Any help would be great.

Regards

Howard

Hi

I and many others had the same problem until I found updated drivers at
http://www.sonix.com.tw
You will need to register on the site and wait a few days for a confirmation
Email
Then go to downloads and select : video\image controllers / PCcam
controllers / then SN9C202
Its about an 11mb download

Or Google for SN9C202
Or send me a PM removing the obvious and I will try to up it somewhere like
rapidshare

In my opinion Advent products or very poor in the driver stakes especially
updates
I stupidly bought a cheap Advent laptop and updated drivers for anything are
none existent

jambongre

Old January 11th 07, 12:57 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
Howard

Thank you for your response, I have downloaded and tried that driver and i
am still having the same problem as before :-(

any other ideas?

Old January 14th 07, 11:04 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.webcam
the_slay_er

In ,
Howard dribbled from a puss filled
blister enraged mouth:

hi mate depends how bad you want the webcam to work.... do a fresh install
of xp???

regards slayer