64G Micro-SD/Memory Format/Adaptor Resolution

Old June 25th 19, 02:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default 64G Micro-SD/Memory Format/Adaptor Resolution

The USB2 (Standard) USB (Type C) adaptor works.

Halfway or as can be expected with a PC. The Type C, or much else,
isn't worth much to Amazon, as I think they've a proprietary USB
cord/T-C connection, where none of mine are mating with a Amazon Fire
HD Tablet (except for one cord packaged and as supplied).

The tablet then formatted two faster Micro SD cards, a 32G and 64G
(one identical and other 64G Sandisk got hoszed and bricked -- doesn't
offhand appear it's a counterfeit). I guess Sandisk can totally make
a failure even without help from WD and platters.

This was all dated and with a Kingston Micro-SD adaptor. The new
adaptor, $1.79, from China corrected matters to work with XP -- XP
will now write to the 64G card, whereas the Kingston adaptor would
not.

It's a proprietary Linux subset on the Amazon handjob, so SD cards
have to be mounted/dismounted from the OS, and I'll have to remount
the 64G to see if the data is valid. It should be -- for the same
reason that it now does writes.

All about speed.

When I used older and slower SD Cards for FAT32, no problemo.

Older SD memory, seems it pretty much caps out at 32G cards: Larger
memory cards, defacto, (including 32G cards) are at higher rated
speeds.

Newer SD Cards at higher rated speeds, they require a new adaptor.

I just bought the Amazon handjob, a week ago, and was surprised it
formatted one of the 64G and one 32G, of three cards, all high-speed.

They were all three "bricked" to me, up until the handjob: A year ago
I ran all three faster memory cards through the Kingston adaptor for a
FAT32 format, whereupon they all ceased to be readable past that
point.

Lucky me an even happier ending for the handjob story.

A 64G SD card is a chunk and then some considering the handjob is a
basic 16G DRAM model, or about not nearly enough in 10-12G residual,
(past the OS load), for decent reading with any reference body
collectively in conjunction from a main subject matter. Handjobs are
not nearly so bad in that regard -- the class of reader programs I'm
seeing are encouraging and on top of potentials among their
capabilities, i.e. stepping back and not being out a big shuffle into
the great industrial cloud hustle.