!! EVGA Motherboard Giveaway!!

Old February 24th 06, 12:51 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default !! EVGA Motherboard Giveaway!!

eVga has a special promotion involving a free PCIx MB with every purchase of
a 7800GT card. Check it out here http://tinyurl.com/8wa7o

Ed F.

Old February 24th 06, 03:47 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Old news. eVGA has been doing this since last year. Of course, the MB is
only included if you opt for the expensive video card SKUs (~$450 for the
7800GT bundle).

Old February 24th 06, 03:53 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"First of One" wrote in message
Old news. eVGA has been doing this since last year. Of course, the MB is
only included if you opt for the expensive video card SKUs (~$450 for the
7800GT bundle).

That's not bad.
My 2nd 7800GTX was $440 at NewEgg, by itself.
McG.

Old February 24th 06, 06:45 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Read my post again. I said 7800GT, not GTX, big difference in price there.
:-)

Keep in mind an NF4 SLI board, like the Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI, can be had for
$100.

Old February 24th 06, 11:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Yeah, I was surprised to get my K8N-SLI for $95. The PSU's cost more than
the motherboard!!! eVGA products at the eVGA site seem to be a good bit
higher priced than a lot of re/e-tailers are selling for. My 2nd 'GTX was
$110 less than the first one.
If their mobos are as solid as their vid cards then they're likely a very
good board. BUT, $199 for a mobo with no more features than I have for $95?
I don't think so
My rig is now complete. Except for possibly that new Silverstone PSU

McG.

Old February 24th 06, 11:01 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

McG, You have a top of the line system so you should go for the best PS,
and that is PC Power & Cooling. Their PSs have been tested many times and
*never* has there been any failure to live up to (or exceed) advertised
specs. The 510 Deluxe SLI would be ideal for your system.
http://www.pcpowercooling.com/

Old February 25th 06, 01:05 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

I've read up on em, I want the Silverstone.
McG.
time to go FEAR a while now

Old February 25th 06, 03:07 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Yeah, PP&C power supplies are designed to operate *continuously* at their
rated maximum load, at 50 C environmental temperatures. Though at $200 you
can probably get two Enermax units and run the video cards on a dedicated
power supply...

Old February 25th 06, 03:13 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

The eVGA mobos are manufactured by a third-party. Can't remember the name,
though it was mentioned in the NCIX forums. The mobos carry "only" a
two-year warranty, not lifetime like the brand's high-end video cards,
though this is not a practical drawback. eVGA support has a good reputation
I hear.

Old February 25th 06, 05:32 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

"First of One"

wrote in message
... The eVGA mobos are manufactured
by a third-party. Can't remember the name,
though it was mentioned in the NCIX forums. The mobos carry "only" a
two-year warranty, not lifetime like the brand's high-end video cards,
though this is not a practical drawback. eVGA support has a good
reputation I hear.

They do on paper at least. I haven't had to use their warranty yet.
Still, their listed price for the mobo is $199. That's just too much, IMO.
McG.