No DVD playback on 2nd monitor (7600GS)

Old April 26th 08, 10:49 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Lars-Erik Østerud

Default No DVD playback on 2nd monitor (7600GS)

Overlay playback only works on one monitor (the one set to primary).
So I can't play videos with med 7600GS on my TV without switching
primary.
I can set media player to not use overlay for playback.
Then works for most media files, but DVD-playback still only works on
primary :-(
Is there any easy way to fix this (a small utility to switch between
VGA as primary and DVI as primary would solve it, I usually don't use
both at the same time anyway).
--
Lars-Erik - http://www.osterud.name - ICQ 7297605
WinXP, Asus P4PE, 2.53GHz, 1GB, MSI 7600GS, SB-Live
Old April 27th 08, 05:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Skipai Otter[_2_]

"Lars-Erik Østerud" .@. wrote in message
Overlay playback only works on one monitor (the one set to primary).
So I can't play videos with med 7600GS on my TV without switching
primary.
I can set media player to not use overlay for playback.
Then works for most media files, but DVD-playback still only works on
primary :-(
Is there any easy way to fix this (a small utility to switch between
VGA as primary and DVI as primary would solve it, I usually don't use
both at the same time anyway).

No, this is another step to keep those like the MPIAA who wish to stop stuff
like that from happening unless you have a nice HDCP compliant tv/monitor.
I don't think ATI cards stop this feature yet but nvidia has bowed down to
the pressures just like Microsoft did when they placed drm etc in Vista. As
far as I know there isn't a way around it.

Not sure if all drivers stop it now, could try an older one which may not
have removed this feature.

--
Skipai