True Image 8 restoring to larger size hd drive

Old December 6th 04, 03:43 AM
SLB

Default True Image 8 restoring to larger size hd drive

Hi, i bought Tru Image 8 and really like it. My ide HD has since
went south on me and i decided to get a larger ide HD to replace it.
Put in the new hd (right out of the box)and put my true image boot cd
in the ole drive and followed the prompts to do a restore from my
image that i had on an ext Western Digital usb drive to my new drive.
All went well (so i thought) and i had Win Xp with all my stuff fully
restored. Problem is, Windows shows my old hd size instead of my new
size. What step or option did i miss to resize the 1 partition (just a
1 partition system) to fill my entire new drive?
SLB
Old December 6th 04, 04:36 AM
Peter

http://www.acronis.com/pdf/TrueImage...n8.0_ug.en.pdf
Read paragraph 6.7

news

Old December 6th 04, 06:30 PM
Neil Maxwell

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 03:43:09 GMT, SLB wrote:

Problem is, Windows shows my old hd size instead of my new
size. What step or option did i miss to resize the 1 partition (just a
1 partition system) to fill my entire new drive?

When you get to the "Partition or Disk to Restore" step, if you click
on the disk box, it restores the disk and partition image in the same
size as the original.

If you click on the partition checkbox only, you get the option in a
later step to resize the partition to match your new HD, either larger
or smaller.

They don't point this out in the wizard, and I often end up restoring
twice when I click the wrong box through inattention and have to go
back and do it again.

Old December 6th 04, 07:01 PM
SLB

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 10:30:00 -0800, Neil Maxwell
wrote:

On Mon, 06 Dec 2004 03:43:09 GMT, SLB wrote:

Problem is, Windows shows my old hd size instead of my new
size. What step or option did i miss to resize the 1 partition (just a
1 partition system) to fill my entire new drive?

When you get to the "Partition or Disk to Restore" step, if you click
on the disk box, it restores the disk and partition image in the same
size as the original.

If you click on the partition checkbox only, you get the option in a
later step to resize the partition to match your new HD, either larger
or smaller.

They don't point this out in the wizard, and I often end up restoring
twice when I click the wrong box through inattention and have to go
back and do it again.

Ahh ok ty Neil. I came from Ghost 2003 which automatically sizes the
partition to the new drive size. Thanks again!

SLB