K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI questions

Old March 12th 05, 06:12 PM
sacrum

Default K8N Neo4 Platinum SLI questions

Hi all,

Just ordered the above mobo and have a couple questions as I usually use
asus boards.

1. When setting up and installing windows will my SATA HD been seen etc or
will I need to download drivers?

2. When updating the BIOS is the a winows application that will do the job
(like asus update) or can is be only completed with a floppy?

3. What is the latest / most stable BIOS?

4. Are there any issues with running RAM at 1T with HTT at 250mhz DDR400
(1:1)?

many thanks

Old March 12th 05, 06:19 PM
Whisper

sacrum wrote:
Hi all,

Just ordered the above mobo and have a couple questions as I usually use
asus boards.

1. When setting up and installing windows will my SATA HD been seen etc or
will I need to download drivers?

You will get a floppy disk with the driver, but I don't know if u'll
need it.

I've just bought it as well I'm going to install this week.

Cheers.
Old March 12th 05, 11:48 PM
Michael Steinbrück

sacrum schrieb:
Hi all,

Just ordered the above mobo and have a couple questions as I usually use
asus boards.

1. When setting up and installing windows will my SATA HD been seen etc or
will I need to download drivers?

Yes. No Problems. You only need the Driver disk if you running your SATA
Drives in a RAID configuration.

2. When updating the BIOS is the a winows application that will do the job
(like asus update) or can is be only completed with a floppy?

I always did the BIOS flashing with the disk. But I think (not 100 %
sure) you can do it also from windows.

3. What is the latest / most stable BIOS?

3.1
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/suppor...UID=641&kind=1

4. Are there any issues with running RAM at 1T with HTT at 250mhz DDR400
(1:1)?

My only issue was that i have to use DIMM 3 and 4 to run my memory in
DUAL Cannel mode. I use a pair of Corsair CMX512-3200XL (1 GIG) (2-2-2-5
1T. For 250 i run 2,5-3-3-6 default Voltage (2,7V).

By the way. Its the most stable board ever. I am able to run my Winnie
3000+ (1800Mhz) @ 2700 Prime and Pi Stable. Have fun.

many thanks

Old March 13th 05, 11:04 AM
sacrum

"Michael Steinbrück" wrote in message
sacrum schrieb:
[...]

Thanks for info - great help. In fact I have the same DDR Corsair TwinX
pc3200 XLPT (2 x 512mb)
I've now changed my order to the Diamond MSI board which seems to be exactly
the same bar some additions. One concern I do have is the positioning of
the system chip / cooler blocking placement of second sli graphics card.....

Old March 14th 05, 08:10 AM
Michael Steinbrück

sacrum schrieb:

[...]

Could you please tell me what Board you have ordered. Do you mean the
NortBridge Fan ? The Colling solutions on the Nforce 4 Boards are all
the same. The second graphic card is no problem as long as you use the
orginal fan. You can´t use something like an passive cooler (like the
Zalman Northbridge Cooler). Its to high. I am using the Zalman Fan Mate
2 to reduce the noise.

(http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product...dx=70&code=017).

Its between the board and the Fan. Now the Northbrige Fan is running
with about 2500 U/min (6000 U/min before). No problems. Let me know if
this is your concern.

Michael