PC memory Help

Old March 16th 06, 11:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

Default PC memory Help

Hi, help needed please:

How do you determin as to whether a new not yet purchased a memory stick
will work in your

PC?

I wish to replace my exisitng pc components, so recently I have purchased a
new to me

(secondhand) motherboard and new to me cpu.

What do I need to know before i purchase the new ddr ram,??

Thanks for your help Glenn

The Details of the new purchase:

Pcu:
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ cpu, socket 754.

Motherboard:& Spec

ASROCK K8Upgrade-VM800

Socket 754 for AMD 64-bit Athlon 64 and 32-bit SempronT processor

SiS760GX chipset

For 64-bit AMD Athlon 64 and 32-bit SempronT processor

VIA Unichrome KM800 Chipset, Hyper-Transport Technology

AMD Cool'n'QuietT Technology

ASRock Future CPU Port: Socket939 upgrade interface for ASRock 939CPU
Board(Optional)

Int. Mirage2 Graphics with DirectX8.1 support, AGP8X

Hybrid Booster, SerialATA 1.5Gb/s, RAID 0,1,JBOD, SATA_HDD Hotplug

USB2.0, 5.1channel Audio, 10/100 Ethernet LAN

PC cillin Anti-Virus, ASRock PC DIY

Old March 16th 06, 04:08 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64

"Glenn" wrote in message

Hi, help needed please:

How do you determin as to whether a new not yet purchased a memory stick
will work in your

PC?

snip

Go he

http://www.asrock.com/Product/K8Upgrade-VM800.htm

Download the manual and get other information about the motherboard.
According to page 12, there are 2 memory slots for 184 pin DIMM's.
Any PC 3200 (DDR 400) 184 pin DIMM's should do. I didn't see an "approved"
memory list, but from the link you can contact Asrock and ask.
Disclaimer: You never have a 100% guarantee that any memory module will work
with a given motherboard.