what would it take to run these maxed at 60fps?

Old March 13th 06, 04:26 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default what would it take to run these maxed at 60fps?

From people who might possibly be able to do this(if the hardware even
exists yet), is there a setup out there that can run COD2 at 60fps, maxed
out details at maybe 1024x768 with 4xAA? i don't need uber resolutions, as i
believe a medium resolution with a good amount of AA looks better than a
higher resolution without it.

how about Battlefield2 at the same level?

In your opinions, what are the most demanding games out right now, or coming
up, as far as detail goes?

I'm one of those people that are tired of buying a system, and then still
having to sacrifice details so i can get the consistantly smooth framerates
i want. I'd like to be able to play these games smooth as butter at high
details, save for the uber resolutions that i really don't think anyone
actually needs considering the point at which games are at right now with
detail. Maybe when we have several gigs of onboard memory for micro textures
and many many billions of polys a second... but that's a ways off still.

Old March 18th 06, 02:47 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

I play BF2 D3 and Q4 alot. I just upgraded my system to an Athon FX-57, 2GB
OCZ performance DDR400 PC3200, an XFX 7800GTX video card, and a 350gb
Seagate barracuda SATA II HD. Oh, and it all sits on an Asus A8N SLI primium
mobo.
I play all 3 games @ 1600x1200 4xaa 4xaf and I get 60fps dips slightly in
heavy action on D3/Q4. and 100fps in bf2. Every setting in video is set to
high. They all look totally awesome, and play is better than I have ever
experienced! Of course this **** didn't come cheap.... but my plan was/is
that I shouldn't have to upgrade again for quite some time. Maybe more HD
space, another 2 gb of ram, and another video card to go SLI.... but I
shouldn't need another major upgrade for 3,4, maybe even 5 years. With the
power supply, case, and XP pro, this rig set me back about $2500. Of course
you can buy systems for around the same price I believe, but, what fun is
that?

--
Asus A8N-Premium
Enermax Liberty 550

"Spaceman" wrote in message
From people who might possibly be able to do this(if the hardware even
[...]

OK, let's try this .. CoD2 maxed out johns Ati Videocards 21 March 2nd 06 02:51 AM
OK, let's try this .. CoD2 maxed out johns Nvidia Videocards 3 February 26th 06 03:06 PM
Max'ed 9300 81mm Gateway Computers 0 February 25th 05 06:19 PM
Iam getting 60fps with doom 3 and a Radeon 9600 pro ? OCZ Guy Ati Videocards 6 August 17th 04 10:08 PM
PSU maxed out? Travis King Asus Motherboards 8 July 13th 04 12:51 AM