VA-20 How to Install XP home on SATA Hard Drive

Old November 27th 05, 07:31 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Default VA-20 How to Install XP home on SATA Hard Drive

The BIOS shows the Maxtor 80gb SATA HD as it boots up.
In the bios I have this boot config CDROM, SCSI, HDD0 but I do not have a
IDE HD installed just the SATA
I have SATA enabled in the bios.

XP boots to cd, I press F6 to install SATA driver, when xp asks for driver I
select the Sil3112 Sil3114 driver from the ABIT website.
Xp loads the driver then press enter to setup xp. At this point it tells me
there is no hard drive installed to load xp on and I have to exit the setup.
There is no information in the manual or on the website about how to install
xp on a SATA HD

I had no problem loading xp on my SOYO KT800 wilt a single maxtor 300gb SATA
HD.
and have been building systems for a few years now, at this point I'm at a
loss

Thanks Fred
fred-k@neo .rr.com

Old November 28th 05, 08:58 PM posted to alt.comp.mainboards.abit

Fred-Fred wrote:
The BIOS shows the Maxtor 80gb SATA HD as it boots up.
In the bios I have this boot config CDROM, SCSI, HDD0 but I do not have a
IDE HD installed just the SATA
I have SATA enabled in the bios.

XP boots to cd, I press F6 to install SATA driver, when xp asks for driver I
select the Sil3112 Sil3114 driver from the ABIT website.
Xp loads the driver then press enter to setup xp. At this point it tells me
there is no hard drive installed to load xp on and I have to exit the setup.
There is no information in the manual or on the website about how to install
xp on a SATA HD

I had no problem loading xp on my SOYO KT800 wilt a single maxtor 300gb SATA
HD.
and have been building systems for a few years now, at this point I'm at a
loss

You shouldn't need to press f6 and install a SATA driver. AFAIK, the
BIOS either emulates a non RAID SATA setup as either IDE or a SCSI channel.

--
Conor

"You're not married, you haven't got a girlfriend and you've never seen
Star Trek? Good Lord!" - Patrick Stewart, Extras.