bios version mis-reported in windows

Old September 28th 05, 02:11 AM
tlviewer

Default bios version mis-reported in windows

hello,

ga-k8n ultra-9

After I installed WinXPsp2 (32bit) I used the @Bios utility to go from
F3-F6. The machine works fine, with the bios showing the correct version.
However Apps like CPUZ or SANDRA still show F3. Why? I've never seen this
before with other boards.

Is there any fix, or should I leave it as is?
tia,
tlviewer
Old September 28th 05, 05:38 PM
djezirir

"" wrote:
hello,

ga-k8n ultra-9

After I installed WinXPsp2 (32bit) I used the @Bios utility to
go from
F3-F6. The machine works fine, with the bios showing the
correct version.
However Apps like CPUZ or SANDRA still show F3. Why? I've
never seen this
before with other boards.

Is there any fix, or should I leave it as is?
tia,
tlviewer

I have the same problem with a GA-K8NS Ultra939 that I upgraded from
F6 to F9 and it still shows F6. Is it a bug of the Gigabyte boards?

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigaby...pict62763.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=315827
Old September 28th 05, 05:43 PM
Richard Dower

"tlviewer" wrote in message
hello,

ga-k8n ultra-9

After I installed WinXPsp2 (32bit) I used the @Bios utility to go from
F3-F6. The machine works fine, with the bios showing the correct version.
However Apps like CPUZ or SANDRA still show F3. Why? I've never seen this
before with other boards.

Is there any fix, or should I leave it as is?
tia,
tlviewer

It's normal, it's the date of the bios build that you look at. I have F8d
for the GA-K8NXP-9 and it's reporting as August 26th 2005, but CPU-Z reports
it as bios version F5.

Old September 28th 05, 05:44 PM
Richard Dower

"djezirir" wrote in message
news:7_315827_6cb2725e3166dd019ec3498b9a63bf0d@har dwareforumz.com...
"" wrote:
hello,

ga-k8n ultra-9

After I installed WinXPsp2 (32bit) I used the @Bios utility to
go from
F3-F6. The machine works fine, with the bios showing the
correct version.
However Apps like CPUZ or SANDRA still show F3. Why? I've
never seen this
before with other boards.

Is there any fix, or should I leave it as is?
tia,
tlviewer

I have the same problem with a GA-K8NS Ultra939 that I upgraded from
F6 to F9 and it still shows F6. Is it a bug of the Gigabyte boards?

No, it's just Gigabyte don't update the nesscary binary string.

Old September 30th 05, 06:36 AM
ScotsLucky

"" wrote:
hello,

ga-k8n ultra-9

After I installed WinXPsp2 (32bit) I used the @Bios utility to
go from
F3-F6. The machine works fine, with the bios showing the
correct version.
However Apps like CPUZ or SANDRA still show F3. Why? I've
never seen this
before with other boards.

Is there any fix, or should I leave it as is?
tia,
tlviewer

No the CPU-Z dont make any correct but you can look the bottom of the
screen when you switch on PC that showed that date and BIOS which
usual correct - mine is F5 and the CPUZ showed at F2 so the software
dont make any correct cos it didnt detect any BIOS version by correct,
so that the software seem missing the correct one - you can check the
BIOS version by using @BIOS so that it correct one - dont worry about
it.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigaby...pict62763.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=316201
Old October 1st 05, 06:38 PM
Kilgore Trout Jr

I had the same problem when I flashed my GA-8KNXP with the Q-Flash utility.
One of the options in Q-flash is to enable / disable "Keep DMI Data." I
found that to correctly report the new BIOS information to Windows, you must
choose to Disable this function. Look to see if there is a similar option in
the @Bios utility & re-flash the BIOS with "Keep DMI Data" disabled.

"ScotsLucky" wrote in message
news:7_316201_974925ea5f0468a092738147a63ea976@har dwareforumz.com...

--
Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's
request
Topic URL:
http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigaby...pict62763.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=316201

BIOS Savior for A8N-SLI milleron Asus Motherboards 32 June 29th 05 01:40 AM
nvidia display issues news.socket.net Nvidia Videocards 1 March 17th 05 11:57 PM
IDE RAID- Major problem need to save my data MC General 21 December 5th 04 05:38 AM
Alert at bootup Katy Asus Motherboards 3 September 24th 04 01:43 PM
PC generating unusual "chirrupy" sound? Coda General Hardware 1 November 20th 03 07:52 PM