Samsung S5200

Old November 12th 03, 11:41 AM
Ruud Baltissen

Default Samsung S5200

Hallo allemaal,

I was given a Samsung S5200 but without manuals. Two questions:
- what are dipswitches at the back of the machine for?
- I want to replace its original 32 MB SCSI harddisk with another one.
How can I start its onboard SCSI diagnostics?

TIA !!!

--
___
/ __|__
Old November 13th 03, 02:15 AM
Ron Cook

Old November 19th 03, 01:58 PM
Ruud Baltissen

Hallo Ron,

Adaptec, for example, usually displays a prompt to 'Press CTL A' to access
the SCSI subsystem.

No, it is an onboard interface. I put an extra Adaptec interface in it
to access other disks and that worked out fine. But that means I need
an extra external box, which makes no sense in combination with a
laptop.

I think I'm going to play with those dipswitches.

--
___
/ __|__