Radeon 9700 pro Display and D3D problems

Old July 13th 03, 03:55 PM
wolfie

Default Radeon 9700 pro Display and D3D problems

Snip

Have you updated your 4in1 drivers? Try turning off fast writes in the
BIOS and try setting AGP to 4x instead of 8x. Are you overclocking the
card? If you are, slow down a bit.

I had problems on an ABIT AMD board with the 9700 before I built a new
P4 box and they were directly related to fast writes and AGP 8x.

I had problems with cat 3.5 on my P4, but it was related to other
software installed at the time. I think Microsoft text to voice was
the culprit. Check any programs that were installed around the time of
cat 3.5 and try uninstalling them.

Hope this helps.

Wolfie

It appears that my Direct 3D is glitching out with the radeon 9700.
Polygons are shooting all over the place. It gets so bad that I cant
even see while I play any games. When I run the d3d test from dxdiag,
the cube spins normaly, but there is distortion on the edges. When I
run 3Dmark 2001, all the tests are distorted. In some, you cant even
tell what is happening. Huge lines and walls appear all over the
place.
Another thing I have noticed is the Windows XP startup logo is
distorted. Not sure why this is effected when other desktop images
appear to be normal.

Any idea how to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.