AVI or MPG which stop in the middle playing the file or won't video encode with Nero Vision Express

Old September 6th 04, 03:22 PM
Bun Mui

Default AVI or MPG which stop in the middle playing the file or won't video encode with Nero Vision Express

Many times when I downloaded files from the net.
The files are corrupt.
AVI or MPG which stop in the middle playing the file or pause in video
encode with Nero Vision Express (progress to a certain point of video
encoding then no more)while making a video DVD+R.

Is there a type of program which would tell me quickly if the file is
corrupt
or not so I don't have to waste my time video encode it on the list
later
to find out it doesn't encode? It is especially annoying if you have
it
on the last file on the list to encode. Then you have to delete it
from the
list and start all over again in video encoding with Nero Vision
Express
after like a few hours of waiting for it to encode.

Thanks.

Bun Mui
Old September 6th 04, 06:18 PM
Mike Richter

Bun Mui wrote:

Is there a type of program which would tell me quickly if the file is
corrupt or not

First, as you are probably aware, many faults which you cannot see when
watching the file can stop the transcoder from doing its job.

I know of no program which can scan a file for fatal glitches other than
those which do it by rendering. Many of those flaws are likely to be
caught by Adobe Premiere when reading it for opening, but not all.

Mike
--

http://www.mrichter.com/

Old September 6th 04, 09:01 PM
smh

Mike Richter, were you born with
"Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
--------------------------------------

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm...mindspring.com
(Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

( No pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL )
( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )
'

Bun Mui wrote:

Many times when I downloaded files from the net.
The files are corrupt.
AVI or MPG which stop in the middle playing the file or pause in video
encode with Nero Vision Express (progress to a certain point of video
encoding then no more)while making a video DVD+R.

Is there a type of program which would tell me quickly if the file is corrupt
or not so I don't have to waste my time video encode it on the list later
to find out it doesn't encode? It is especially annoying if you have it
on the last file on the list to encode. Then you have to delete it from the
list and start all over again in video encoding with Nero Vision Express
after like a few hours of waiting for it to encode.

Spend some time he
http://www.videohelp.com/
Old September 19th 04, 10:21 PM
Bun Mui

Mike Richter wrote in message ...
Bun Mui wrote:

Is there a type of program which would tell me quickly if the file is
corrupt or not

First, as you are probably aware, many faults which you cannot see when
watching the file can stop the transcoder from doing its job.

I know of no program which can scan a file for fatal glitches other than
those which do it by rendering. Many of those flaws are likely to be
caught by Adobe Premiere when reading it for opening, but not all.

Mike

Is it possible to use Easy Video Splitter to cut the corrupt
part and to use only the good part? If it pauses during Nero Vision
Express encoding??? It is paused at a specific frame in the movie.
Like the last 19 mins. of the whole movie.

If so how much of the corrupt potion should I cut out?

Thanks.

Bun Mui
Old September 20th 04, 12:55 AM
smh

http://groups.google.com/groups?selm... bubbanews.com

Bun Mui wrote:

Many times when I downloaded files from the net.
The files are corrupt.
AVI or MPG which stop in the middle playing the file or pause in video
encode with Nero Vision Express (progress to a certain point of video
encoding then no more)while making a video DVD+R.

Is there a type of program which would tell me quickly if the file is corrupt
or not so I don't have to waste my time video encode it on the list later
to find out it doesn't encode? It is especially annoying if you have it
on the last file on the list to encode. Then you have to delete it from the
list and start all over again in video encoding with Nero Vision Express
after like a few hours of waiting for it to encode.

Check out DivFix:
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=208