Ps2 Vs USB in a Cordless Mouse, whats best.

Old September 22nd 04, 07:19 PM
Little TeaPot

Default Ps2 Vs USB in a Cordless Mouse, whats best.

Ive always had my Mouse and Keyboard PS2, because from my experience
is faster, and more responsive, is this true or is it just me ?

Ive heard people saying their Mx700 has lag, i have never had this
problem, and i want to get and Mx-1000 mouse and hook it up, via ps2.

Your thoughts ?

Thanks.

Old September 22nd 04, 08:12 PM
philo

"Little TeaPot" wrote in message

Ive always had my Mouse and Keyboard PS2, because from my experience
is faster, and more responsive, is this true or is it just me ?

Ive heard people saying their Mx700 has lag, i have never had this
problem, and i want to get and Mx-1000 mouse and hook it up, via ps2.

as far as performance ...i;ve never seen a difference between USB & ps/2
however i always go with ps/2 ...why waste a USB port just for a mouse.

as far as cordless mice...unless you get one that has a recharging
stand...they are very annoying ...the battery life is *extremely* poor!

Old September 22nd 04, 09:49 PM
Let them eat beef

philo - typed:
"Little TeaPot" wrote in message

Ive always had my Mouse and Keyboard PS2, because from my experience
is faster, and more responsive, is this true or is it just me ?

Ive heard people saying their Mx700 has lag, i have never had this
problem, and i want to get and Mx-1000 mouse and hook it up, via ps2.

as far as performance ...i;ve never seen a difference between USB &
ps/2 however i always go with ps/2 ...why waste a USB port just for a
mouse.
as far as cordless mice...unless you get one that has a recharging
stand...they are very annoying ...the battery life is *extremely*
poor!

/Was/ *extremely* poor. My 4 month old MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2 still
shows the original batteries at 80% with fairly high usage. I personally
wouldn't want to tie up USB ports with mice & k/bs & enabling resume
from Standby/Hibernate using either on the PS/2 ports is usually less of
an issue than from USB. Latency on USB might be an issue under certain
circumstances. I have run both from USB but not long enough to notice
any difference.

--
The map is not the territory

Old September 22nd 04, 10:31 PM
philo

/Was/ *extremely* poor. My 4 month old MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2 still
shows the original batteries at 80% with fairly high usage. I personally
wouldn't want to tie up USB ports with mice & k/bs & enabling resume from
Standby/Hibernate using either on the PS/2 ports is usually less of an
issue than from USB. Latency on USB might be an issue under certain
circumstances. I have run both from USB but not long enough to notice any
difference.

i have tried both a logitech and a microsoft cordless mouse,
with the best batteries avail...and i was lucky if i got a month out of
them!
the kind with the recharger cradle would be what i'd do if i were to get
another

--
The map is not the territory

Old September 23rd 04, 04:51 AM
Little TeaPot

Not using mouse put it on the charger, had my mouse a year and yet had
it run out of juice ???, you ****ers aRE so LAZY.

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:54:56 -0700, "JAD"
wrote:

dont tie up USB if you don't have to.

.. .

Old September 23rd 04, 10:15 AM
JS

Recently got a Logitech 510. Logitech recommended using the PS2 port.
Old September 23rd 04, 11:14 AM
Let them eat beef

philo - typed:
/Was/ *extremely* poor. My 4 month old MS Wireless Optical Mouse 2
still shows the original batteries at 80% with fairly high usage. I
personally wouldn't want to tie up USB ports with mice & k/bs &
enabling resume from Standby/Hibernate using either on the PS/2
ports is usually less of an issue than from USB. Latency on USB
might be an issue under certain circumstances. I have run both from
USB but not long enough to notice any difference.

i have tried both a logitech and a microsoft cordless mouse,
with the best batteries avail...and i was lucky if i got a month out
of them!
the kind with the recharger cradle would be what i'd do if i were to
get another

--
The map is not the territory

Before this MS model, I had a Logitech Mouseman Optical who's battery
life was terrible - about a month if lucky. It was also uncomfortable to
use by a southpaw like me. My only remaining issue with mice is that
they should have ball bearings & not silly pads on the bottom to reduce
stiction. The mouse I have states 6 months battery life & it looks like
that will be exceeded. Having NmH batteries included & a charging cradle
is another option - especially if it takes its power from the PS/2 port.
I did find that putting AA NiCads in the Mouseman pretty pointless. The
current MS cordless also uses AA & not their small siblings. I also like
the left/right scrolling function, if not the indentless scrolling of
the wheel itself.

My brother can't get his mouse to wake his PC if connected to a USB
port, despite the jumper being set to 5VSB, Legacy USB mouse being
checked then unchecked in the bios & the settings in Device Manager
being toggled for USB devices.

If my mouse's battery life was only 3 months, I'd still be more than
happy. I would be very surprised if you only got a month's use from MS
model I have - cheap as well. My next k/b will be cordless but the
current MS models are far too deep - my MS Office k/b takes up far too
much desk real estate for my liking. Battery life on cordless k/bs isn't
an issue of course. I wouldn't bother with the expense or pairing
complexity of a Bluetooth mouse personally & IIRC, still need another BT
dongle for other devices - messy.

--
The map is not the territory