M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 -- AHCI problem, and 32-bit Win7 SATA driverswon't update

Old June 6th 10, 09:03 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.windows7.general
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

Default M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 -- AHCI problem, and 32-bit Win7 SATA driverswon't update

I installed Win7Pro on this machine with the SATA Controller in IDE mode
and have been trying to get it going in AHCI mode: I've tried the
official Microsoft method -- change msahci Start to 0, reboot and change
BIOS setting from IDE to AHCI -- but it does not work. I get the colored
"blobs," but then the machine reboots almost immediately and just keeps
repeating that cycle until I change the BIOS setting again.

I wondered whether updating the drivers would help, but I can't get them
to update. The drivers on the CD that came with the mobo are later than
ones the Windows installer installed, and I have downloaded later ones
still from Asus, but Device Manager insists that I have the latest ones.

Any suggestions?

Perce
Old June 6th 10, 10:18 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.windows7.general
andy

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 16:03:06 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

I installed Win7Pro on this machine with the SATA Controller in IDE mode
and have been trying to get it going in AHCI mode: I've tried the
official Microsoft method -- change msahci Start to 0, reboot and change
BIOS setting from IDE to AHCI -- but it does not work. I get the colored
"blobs," but then the machine reboots almost immediately and just keeps
repeating that cycle until I change the BIOS setting again.

I wondered whether updating the drivers would help, but I can't get them
to update. The drivers on the CD that came with the mobo are later than
ones the Windows installer installed, and I have downloaded later ones
still from Asus, but Device Manager insists that I have the latest ones.

Any suggestions?

Set SATA1-4 to AHCI.
Set SATA5-6 to IDE.
Connect disk to SATA5.
Boot to Windows.
Install AHCI driver.
Connect disk to SATA1.
Boot to Windows.

Perce

Old June 6th 10, 11:59 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.windows7.general
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

On 06/06/10 05:18 pm, andy wrote:

[...]

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

However, I'm still wondering why it won't update the drivers.

Perce