AK77-333 and 1/5 divider and multipliers

Old June 29th 03, 12:29 PM
Wes Newell

Default AK77-333 and 1/5 divider and multipliers

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:34:51 +0000, Ken MacKay wrote:

Took the plunge last night and flashed bios 1.04 last night and now have the
option of setting fsb from 13-248 Mhz. The cpu comes up as unknown 2000Mhz
instead of xp2400+ but I can live with that. Thanks to Aopen for "fixing" the
more recent bios updates to limit the fsb to 160. :-/

The board uses the KT333 chipset, so it *should* have a 1/5 PCI divider at 166
fsb and up but I'm a little reluctant to try 166 in case it still uses the 1/4
divider at that speed. Anyone know for sure that the 1/5 divider kicks in at
166 on this board?

Can't help you here. I'm still using a KT133 chipset board.

The other weird thing is that the board has dip switches to set the multiplier
from 5 to 12.5. The xp2400+ should come unlocked, so I set the fsb to 100 and
tried set the multiplier but using different switch combinations I get
multipliers ranging from 13 to 22. Anyone have any idea why I'm not getting the
lower multipliers?

This ones easy though. Your board doesn't support the 5th multiplier bit.
See CPU-Multiplier cross ref. in link below. If you want multipliers of
12.5 and less, you'll have to set the 5th bit low.

--
Abit KT7-Raid (KT133) Tbred B core 2100+ CPU @2400MHz
http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/
Old June 29th 03, 12:29 PM
Wes Newell

On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 11:19:35 +0000, Ken MacKay wrote:

Thanks for the replies. Backed up the harddrive and tried it at 13x166
yesterday and it ran ok, but was a little unstable. Expect this was the cpu as
it was also a little unstable at 15x145. Will try opening the fifth bit to get
12.5, should run fine there.

You may need to raise vcore to get it stable at 13x166. BTW, the fifth bit
is already open on the 2400+. You have to close it to get the lower
multipliers.