Why does my GA-EP35-DS3R lock a RAID0 drive "Read Only?"

Old August 5th 08, 08:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Mindy Dyson

Default Why does my GA-EP35-DS3R lock a RAID0 drive "Read Only?"

Hi Guys,

I recently put a pair of identical SATA drives in my PC on the purple
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3R SATA connector in RAID0. The RAID0 drive worked
fine for a couple days, then changed itself to "Read Only" and would
not allow me to write or change files!

To attempt a fix, I reformatted the drive then set security so
everyone could read and write to the drive, this also failed. Similar
with universal share, i.e., everyone can read and write. It worked for
a few days, the RAID0 drive went to read only.

In case the trouble was caused by Gigabyte's drivers, I went to
JMicron's site and downloaded the newest drivers for the controller.
THese worked for a couple days, then the RAID0 drive went to read
only, as well.

I was using Vista x64 Ultimate, and had this problem. I am now using
Server 2008, and still have the same trouble.

I thought maybe it was the new drives, so I switched with two older
drives in RAID0 on one of the Intel connectors. After a couple days,
those older drives newly located on the Gigabyte SATA RAID0 controller
ALSO went to "Read Only." The newer pair of drives in RAID0 have
worked flawlessly on the Intel connector since they were re-located.

It seems it is the RAID0 controller or drivers on the Gigabyte SATA
purple connector that is causing the trouble. I did not have this
trouble when I used the Gigabyte IDE/SATA controller as standard
IDE/SATA with no RAID0.

Any suggestions how to get the RAID0 working on the Gigabyte
connector?

Mindy