GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.0) Northbridge overheating

Old August 1st 08, 03:39 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
GTS

Default GA-MA78GM-S2H (rev.1.0) Northbridge overheating

Gigabyte quite quickly realeased a new version of the GA-MA78GM-S2H which
has a much bigger heatsink on the northbridge chip.
I have been having all sorts of weird issues with my rev 1 board - some days
it's fine, others it crashes or BSOD. I have been replacing all sorts of
parts, like memory and CPU, but I am wondering now if it is the Northbridge
getting too hot? (Easytune reports the CPU and system temps are fine, but I
don't think it monitors northbridge temperature.)
So can anyone offer advice on replacement Northbridge heatsinks / coolers? I
have thrown lots of money at the problem - I wonder if I can use some of the
spare heatsinks I have from old CPU's - problem would be how to attach them!
I do think when a serious problem is uncovered with a board, they should be
recalled. Gigabyte have only told me to RMA the board if I think it is
faulty. I think if they have released a board without testing it properly,
they should send out new boards first, so you are not left for a week
without any PC waiting for Ebuyer or whoever to change it...

Old August 2nd 08, 12:00 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Bill

In article , gts123SPAM-NO!
@ntlworld.com says...
[...]

Why not contact Gigabyte and see if they'll send you a new style
northbridge HS?

Bill