8KNXP and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 Problem

Old August 19th 03, 03:42 PM
HardwareTek

Default 8KNXP and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 Problem

I have no problems running that combo. Maybe it's a defective mobo.

Old August 19th 03, 07:27 PM
Ron Zahavi

I am running the same mobo and card without such problems.

Kevin wrote in message om...
Has anyone had any success with an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 in the GigaByte GA-8KNXP?

Here's my problem. I built a system with the 8KNXP Motherboard and the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128.
When I turn on the power all I get is 1 long beep with 2 short beeps indicating a video problem.
GigaByte has verified that this Video Card works great with this MB. I've successfully used the same
video card in another pc. I can boot successfully with a PCI video card as well. I've played around with
every BIOS setting and even swithed the AGP port to 4X with no luck...still 1 long, 2 short beeps. I put one
of my other AGP cards in this board and they all produce the same 1 long beep wth 2 short beeps. Has
anyone else experienced this? Bad AGP port/motherboard?

I've also not been able to successfully load
up XP with the PCI card in. As soon as I click on any drop down menus or buttons other than next it locks
up and also locks up randomly during the load. Never successfully loads. Suspect the video card but not
100% sure as I only have AGP cards (None of them work in this 8KNXP either!)

Thanks!
Kevin