Replacing motherboard: Gigabyte 7VT600 1394 for 7VAXP?

Old June 28th 04, 07:16 PM
David Murphy

Default Replacing motherboard: Gigabyte 7VT600 1394 for 7VAXP?

Greetings. My PC recently died on me, and I've diagnosed it as a bad
motherboard. My previous board was a Gigabyte 7VAXP. Looking around
briefly, it looks like I could still get a direct replacement, but for
about half the price I could get a 7VT600 1394, which has all the
functions I need (I never used the RAID or overclocking features on
the 7VAXP). It appears that the chipset cooler I have on the KT400
will fit the KT600 just fine, so my big question is this: can I drop
in the 7VT600 as a replacement for the 7VAXP and reasonably expect it
to work? If not, what kind of problems am I likely to see?

Thank you,
David Murphy

Old June 28th 04, 07:24 PM
JAD

operating system will balk if the chipsets are different.....if your
running XP then do a repair install after the replacement. you could
always have something go cockeyed when dabbling in the swap. make sure
your connections are solid and that your memory timings on the new
boards default settings will work with your memory and your memory
will function in the new board. Check the defaults for your video
also.

om...

Old June 29th 04, 01:50 AM

I just had a GA-7VRXP rev. 2 board go belly up on me. Bad caps. It's at Gigabyte
now getting warranty work. I couldn't wait the weeks for the repair so I got a
GA-7VT600-L and dropped it in. Just had to install a newer version of the VIA
4in1 drivers and the new lan drivers and I was good to go. just make sure you
remove any old stuff you no longer need. A reboot into safe mode is always good
for finding and deleting ghosted devices in device manager.

On 28 Jun 2004 11:16:32 -0700, (David Murphy) wrote:

Greetings. My PC recently died on me, and I've diagnosed it as a bad
motherboard. My previous board was a Gigabyte 7VAXP. Looking around
briefly, it looks like I could still get a direct replacement, but for
about half the price I could get a 7VT600 1394, which has all the
functions I need (I never used the RAID or overclocking features on
the 7VAXP). It appears that the chipset cooler I have on the KT400
will fit the KT600 just fine, so my big question is this: can I drop
in the 7VT600 as a replacement for the 7VAXP and reasonably expect it
to work? If not, what kind of problems am I likely to see?

Thank you,
David Murphy

Gigabyte GA-K8NSNXP-939 replacement Chris AMD x86-64 Processors 12 December 11th 04 07:52 AM
I need to replace a bad Asus A7V motherboard David Cook General 1 October 31st 03 02:40 AM
your motherboard redbuffalo003 General 0 September 21st 03 04:08 PM
Gigabyte Mobo with failed PS2 plug for Keyboard Hans Huber Homebuilt PC's 6 August 14th 03 02:34 AM
Gigabyte Mobo with Keyboard PS2 port failure Hans Huber General 2 August 12th 03 10:47 PM