WTD: A cheap (or even free) ATX midi tower case

Old May 28th 06, 03:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuild,uk.comp.homebuilt

Default WTD: A cheap (or even free) ATX midi tower case

Hi, I'm just about to build a new computer and I wondered if anyone in the
East Mids area has a ATX case going cheap or free? Doesn't matter much what
it looks like as I'll be modding it anyway, and adding a side window if it
doesn't already have one.

Dave

It has removed 177 spam emails to date.
Get the free SPAMfighter he http://www.spamfighter.com/len

Old May 28th 06, 06:41 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuild,uk.comp.homebuilt

Default A cheap (or even free) ATX midi tower case

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi, I'm just about to build a new computer and I wondered if anyone in the
East Mids area has a ATX case going cheap or free? Doesn't matter much
what
it looks like as I'll be modding it anyway, and adding a side window if it
doesn't already have one.

Dave

You can get them for £20 with a power supply - use GOOGLE. Forget wasting
money making your computer look stupid, put the money towards something
decent. You remind me of someone that would get a 1.2 Corsa and spend £15k
on a giant airfix kit to glue over it.

Old May 28th 06, 06:57 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuild,uk.comp.homebuilt

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi, I'm just about to build a new computer and I wondered if anyone in the
East Mids area has a ATX case going cheap or free? Doesn't matter much
what
it looks like as I'll be modding it anyway, and adding a side window if it
doesn't already have one.

The case is probably the cheapest componet in a new system...
I;ve seen many case/powersupply cobmos for the price of the powersupply
alone.

Otherwise just grab a discarded computer off the street and reuse the case
if you really don;t
want to buy one

Old May 28th 06, 11:30 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuild,uk.comp.homebuilt

On Sun, 28 May 2006 17:41:23 GMT, "Brian"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message
Hi, I'm just about to build a new computer and I wondered if anyone in the
East Mids area has a ATX case going cheap or free? Doesn't matter much
what
it looks like as I'll be modding it anyway, and adding a side window if it
doesn't already have one.

Dave

You can get them for £20 with a power supply - use GOOGLE. Forget wasting
money making your computer look stupid, put the money towards something
decent.

£20 with a power supply?

I thought you meant something decent?
Old May 28th 06, 11:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,uk.comp.homebuild,uk.comp.homebuilt

On Sun, 28 May 2006 15:32:43 +0100, "Dave"
wrote:

Hi, I'm just about to build a new computer and I wondered if anyone in the
East Mids area has a ATX case going cheap or free? Doesn't matter much what
it looks like as I'll be modding it anyway, and adding a side window if it
doesn't already have one.

Dave

We dont' know what the requirements are, for example,

size, sturdiness, # of internal and external bays, full ATX
or mATX or BTX or SFF or ??

You might check at a mom-n-pop computer shop, they may have
some abandoned systems they're parting out.

85687417363 SpyGuy007AM Storage (alternative) 0 March 28th 06 09:01 AM
thermaltake silent tower in a tower case? DS Overclocking AMD Processors 1 September 8th 04 12:43 PM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan General 35 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM
Cooling Questions Peter Cavan Dell Computers 34 September 2nd 03 06:42 AM
How is this case? --> Fudin ATX-228P 350W Mid Tower ATX Case phantom General 0 July 13th 03 02:49 AM