easy one?

Old March 3rd 06, 09:34 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000

Default easy one?

Got an old Gateway 2000 I'm trying to get going for a struggling
church youth group. It was the office pc some years back, and has
been stored. No one is around now who was here back when it was
used. Password long since lost. I tried all the easy ones,
"church", "office", etc; no go.

I believe the password demand problem is a pc (Gateway) thing, not a
Windows password. The reason I say this is because it pops up right
away----before Windows loads.

How do I deal with this?

Old March 3rd 06, 11:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000

This is apparently a BIOS password stored in the CMOS memory of the motherboard.
Either reset the CMOS via a jumper block on the motherboard or remove the C2032
3v battery for maybe an hour. Either one will make the password vanish along
with the other CMOS settings... Ben Myers

On Fri, 03 Mar 2006 21:34:43 GMT, lid (rbig) wrote:

Got an old Gateway 2000 I'm trying to get going for a struggling
church youth group. It was the office pc some years back, and has
been stored. No one is around now who was here back when it was
used. Password long since lost. I tried all the easy ones,
"church", "office", etc; no go.

I believe the password demand problem is a pc (Gateway) thing, not a
Windows password. The reason I say this is because it pops up right
away----before Windows loads.

How do I deal with this?

Check it out! Easy cash! [email protected] Storage (alternative) 0 June 29th 05 05:48 AM
Easy Photo Print Upgrade? John Keiser Printers 10 June 11th 05 03:57 PM
Easy cash... fact and not a joke! scuppanet Storage (alternative) 1 June 3rd 05 09:31 PM
easy money [email protected] Printers 2 February 14th 05 03:27 AM
A7N8X + Easy CD/DVD Creator 6 = blue screens! Art Asus Motherboards 2 November 19th 03 11:06 PM