Resource Allocation Conflict

Old September 6th 08, 06:46 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
mc

Default Resource Allocation Conflict

Does anyone remember how to get past hardware errors...I installed a
linksys card in the only pci slot of this legend 402 cd (pb 600 mb,
phoenix bios ver 1.17, win95 1st edition), and moved the snd/modem
card to the center isa slot. I get a resource allocation error pci
device 0098 at slot 3 when I boot the machine. Hiting F1 resumes the
boot with no problem. Is there a registry problem?

Ben thanks for the intel 133 cpu it works great...
mc
Old September 7th 08, 01:10 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Sep 6, 1:46*pm, mc wrote:
Does anyone remember how to get past hardware errors...I installed a
linksys card in the only pci slot of this legend 402 cd (pb 600 mb,
phoenix bios ver 1.17, win95 1st edition), and moved the snd/modem
card to the center isa slot. I get a resource allocation error pci
device 0098 at slot 3 when I boot the machine. Hiting F1 resumes the
boot with no problem. Is there a registry problem?

Ben thanks for the *intel 133 cpu it works great...
mc

Did you check the device resources in device manager
You may want to change the irq

or sometimes prayer helps
Old September 7th 08, 09:12 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
mc

On Sep 6, 8:10*pm, metronid wrote:
On Sep 6, 1:46*pm, mc wrote:

Does anyone remember how to get past hardware errors...I installed a
linksys card in the only pci slot of this legend 402 cd (pb 600 mb,
phoenix bios ver 1.17, win95 1st edition), and moved the snd/modem
card to the center isa slot. I get a resource allocation error pci
device 0098 at slot 3 when I boot the machine. Hiting F1 resumes the
boot with no problem. Is there a registry problem?

Ben thanks for the *intel 133 cpu it works great...
mc

Did you check the device resources in device manager
You may want to change the irq

or sometimes prayer helps

The IRQ is giving me a hard time, I removed the linksys card, and now
I get an IRQ conflict at boot. The settings are all the same as my
PB994 legend where both com1 and com3 use IRQ4, so I'm not sure where
the IRQ conflict is coming from.
Does anyone have the phoenix agoura 4.04 version 1.18 bios in their
archives? If so could you e-mail it to me?
thanks mc
Old September 9th 08, 12:49 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
philo

On Sep 6, 1:46 pm, mc wrote:

[...]

Put the sound/modem card back in the original slot if you have not already
done so...

otherwise, check to see if your bios as an "auto" allocation option

Old September 9th 08, 01:19 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Ben Myers

As a last resort, remove the CMOS battery and let the CMOS settings become
in-valid. (They are not sick invalids.) Then start again with placement of
cards, after entering in valid settings. Write down the hard drive settings,
because these old system BIOSes often do not autodetect the drive geometry.

.... Ben Myers

Old September 14th 08, 04:18 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
mc

On Sep 6, 1:46 pm, mc wrote:

[...]

otherwise, check to see if your bios as an "auto" allocation option- Hide quoted text -

Ben
I have not tried pulling the jumper yet to disconnect the battery, i
suspect the battery may be old (1994). Does any one know which jumper
pin is + or - on this board for an external battery. I only know to
connect pins 1 and 4 , so I will need to pick up some type of
connector to build an external battery.
I'm still trying to find the agoura version 1.18 if anyone has this
flash bios saved on a floppy?I did notice this bios chip is removable,
so what other options would I have for using another chip (beyond my
current knowledge)?
mc
Old September 15th 08, 12:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
metronid

On Sep 14, 11:18*am, mc wrote:

On Sep 6, 1:46 pm, mc wrote:

[...]

mc- Hide quoted text -

Uses a 3.0 volt lithium battery, but can be replaced with a 3.6 volt.
Remove the jumper on pins 3-4 of J29 (Jbatt) battery connector. The
battery connector is keyed and will only go in one way.

pin 1= +3 volts
pin 2= key
pin 3= on-board battery select
pin 4= ground

Memory allocation Samuel Shulman General 6 December 17th 07 10:18 PM
Recovery Allocation Size? NapalmHeart Compaq Computers 3 December 29th 06 01:09 AM
problems installing radeon 9800 pro ( resource conflict, code 12in strange memory range) Niklas Schaffrath Ati Videocards 8 July 11th 05 11:08 PM
File allocation perrera General 5 November 11th 03 04:21 PM
Resource Conflict PnP Device CD sammy General Hardware 0 October 22nd 03 11:41 AM