WIN98SE question

Old July 26th 08, 10:19 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Default WIN98SE question

Hi Gang !

Has anyone ever had a Packard Bell version of Windows 98 running, and
installed the Windows 98SE upgrade?

I want to know if the Packard Bell logo remains in System Info when you
click on the General Tab.
Please don't answer yes unless you're sure. Takes a while to re-install
Win98 in an old computer.

:-)

A llooooonnnggg time ago, I used to have a program that would allow you to
make your own logo and install it there. That was many computers and hard
drives ago......... no idea where to start looking. I would have to "steal"
the PB logo ( probably do a screen capture ) and make it that way to paste
it there.

Unless someone has a better idea......

I know, I know, I KNOW! It's a mini-microscopic thing, but I WANT it there.

Thanks for any help.

bobwatts

Old July 31st 08, 01:05 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

Default Update

Hi GanG !

"Robert E. Watts" wrote in message
Hi Gang !

Has anyone ever had a Packard Bell version of Windows 98 running, and
installed the Windows 98SE upgrade?

I want to know if the Packard Bell logo remains in System Info when you
click on the General Tab.
Please don't answer yes unless you're sure. Takes a while to re-install
Win98 in an old computer.

Sooooooo.....no one has ever tried it eh ?

Well, it's a moot point now. I did some research, and it ridiculously simple
to put whatever you want there. I have been changing most of my computers to
Whizzbang, with logo picture, and when you click the Support button, I have
inserted information there also.

So with the Packard Bell .bmps and stuff that I have now, and being able to
change the system information and logo at will, I can basically "create" my
own *Packard Bell* version of whatever OS I want.

If anyone is interested:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=218176

If that page is not clear, just google "change Windows system information"
on the internet, and there are some beginner classes available. :-)

bobwatts

--
boBWatts®©
EartH

Old August 1st 08, 12:45 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
Robert E. Watts

"kraut" wrote in message

i did and it did

Thank you, appreciate the response.