ATI RAdeon 9800 Pro and MSI K7T Turbo + Duron 750

Old January 30th 04, 05:32 AM
Jacky Lau

Default ATI RAdeon 9800 Pro and MSI K7T Turbo + Duron 750

my brother just bought the ATI radeon 9800 pro.......but we install it,
seems there's conflict.....coz once the computer is turned on.......after a
few mins.......it''ll reboot automatically.......
when i try to play games.........computer just hanged.
Anyone knows why and how to solve this problem? is it the driver problem??

thx a lot.

Jacky

Old January 30th 04, 06:04 AM
callsignviper

"Jacky Lau" wrote in message
. ..
my brother just bought the ATI radeon 9800 pro.......but we install it,
seems there's conflict.....coz once the computer is turned on.......after

few mins.......it''ll reboot automatically.......
when i try to play games.........computer just hanged.
Anyone knows why and how to solve this problem? is it the driver

problem??

More system details might help someone guess at the problem and perhaps
offer a solution.

A few items that might help a

Power supply brand and wattage rating
Operating system
ATI Catalyst version in use
CPU overclocked?
Adequate CPU, system, and video card cooling?
Ram brand, quantity, speed rating, overclocking?
Video card overclocked?
Etc.

--
callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions.

Old January 30th 04, 06:28 AM
zmike6

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 00:32:53 -0500, "Jacky Lau"
wrote:

my brother just bought the ATI radeon 9800 pro.......but we install it,
seems there's conflict.....coz once the computer is turned on.......after a
few mins.......it''ll reboot automatically.......
when i try to play games.........computer just hanged.
Anyone knows why and how to solve this problem? is it the driver problem??

thx a lot.

Jacky

Could be a lot of things, but insufficient power supply is one
possible reason, that video card uses/needs a lot of power. But why
would you use a $200+ video card with an old CPU like that? That CPU
is going to really hold back your performance. Good luck.