After Market CPU cooler for GA-EX38-DQ6

Old June 2nd 08, 09:15 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Gilgamesh

Default After Market CPU cooler for GA-EX38-DQ6

Hello,
I'm looking for a good quiet CPU heatsink for the above motherboard, I
have the Intel E8500 CPU. I have seen some heatsinks such as Thermalright
Ultra 120 eXtreme but they want me to remove the crazy cooling heatpipes to
fit it in.
Does anyone know of another heatsink that is at least as efficient as the
stock Intel one, but is quieter, does not require me to remove anything else
from the motherboard, and does not interfere with the memory sockets.

Thank You

Old June 2nd 08, 05:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Anders Ecklon

Does anyone know of another heatsink that is at least as efficient as the
stock Intel one, but is quieter, does not require me to remove anything
else from the motherboard, and does not interfere with the memory sockets.

NorthQ-3580 i would recommend.

Old June 2nd 08, 09:31 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Dean[_2_]

On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 17:45:32 +0930, Gilgamesh wrote:

Hello,
I'm looking for a good quiet CPU heatsink for the above motherboard, I
have the Intel E8500 CPU. I have seen some heatsinks such as Thermalright
Ultra 120 eXtreme but they want me to remove the crazy cooling heatpipes to
fit it in.
Does anyone know of another heatsink that is at least as efficient as the
stock Intel one, but is quieter, does not require me to remove anything else
from the motherboard, and does not interfere with the memory sockets.

Thank You

Noctua NH-U12p. It comes with a very quiet fan providing good cooling at
low rpm. Performance may not be quite on a par with the Ultra 120 but the
U120 noise levels depend on choice of fan. The Noctua includes a fan that
Noctua claim is compliments the heatsink design.

According to http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=c...nh_u12p&lng=en
it is fully compatible with your board. The only issue I had fitting it (to
ga-p35-ds3p rev 1.1) was the height of the HS. It makes it quite awkward
mainboard with HS attached into a midi case. Having said that, it's no
taller than the thermalright IIRC. The mounting is very secure too.

HTH

Old June 11th 08, 10:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
GTS

"Gilgamesh" wrote in message
node...
Hello,
I'm looking for a good quiet CPU heatsink for the above motherboard, I
have the Intel E8500 CPU. I have seen some heatsinks such as Thermalright
Ultra 120 eXtreme but they want me to remove the crazy cooling heatpipes
to fit it in.
Does anyone know of another heatsink that is at least as efficient as the
stock Intel one, but is quieter, does not require me to remove anything
else from the motherboard, and does not interfere with the memory sockets.

Thank You

I have massively impressed with PWM CPU and system fans from Arctic Cooling.
Over the years I have had many different makes of fans, but a recent build
using these fans is the first one where I have been really happy with the
noise - or rather lack of noise. As your motherboard supports 4-pin CPU and
sytem PWM fans, they are the logical choice. And because you can leave the
motherboard to control the fan speeds, based on the temperature, they would
be ideal in a gaming PC.
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/cpu2.p...79&data=3&disc
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/cpu2.php?idx=162&disc
http://www.arctic-cooling.com/fans2....11&data=1&disc