OT-- damn NWA--any recourse here?

Old December 24th 07, 11:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

Default OT-- damn NWA--any recourse here?

OK--this is TOTALLY off topic, but I know some of you probably travel a lot,
so maybe someone has some insight:

Daughter arrived last night from Calif.

After mucho delays she got in at 2:30 AM but her luggage didn't (despite a 3
hour delay in Minnesota).

Today she called and they said her bag is in Detroit (it went from LA to
DTW). Meanwhile, she has no clothes and her Xmas presents are in her
luggage. NWA says they have tons of bags and don't know when it will get
here (but not today or tomorrow).

Does she have any recourse. If she now buys more clothes, can she get any
reimbusement?

Upshot: she did go shopping today (no choice, really) and is now set for the
next few days. Still, annoying and we don't know when her luggage will
arrive.

Mel

Old December 25th 07, 03:54 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Dean-MN

Call 1-800-745-9798, Luggage Services, and get NWA started.

Last January The lovely Bride flew NWA from MSP to Chicago Midway and her
baggage went to Indianapolis. She also needed to buy clothing to get by for
a few days. Initially NWA promised to deliver the misplaced luggage to the
door the next day but that didn't happen. The Bride got a check for $150 at
the airport before she left. Later when the baggage didn't show up for a
few days, Bride got an authorization number to buy more clothing. The
baggage showed up the day before we returned home.

Not too bad service from NWA seeing as how the mix up in baggage was caused
by a a jerk that pushed his way into line at the baggage check. The one
bright spot of the whole affair is we got to think about the jerk in
Indianapolis and his baggage in Chicago

We don't fly much but seems like every time we do, there's a new battle
story. Flying is not fun anymore... Dean

Old December 26th 07, 01:49 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

That's NorthWorst Airlines? That's what we all called them way back when I
lived in the land of the sky blue water near the wigwam of Nokomis.

Better to lose the baggage in flight than a daughter... Ben Myers

Old December 26th 07, 02:59 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

OK.

Daughter got a call this afternoon that her suitcase had arrived. They
wanted her to pick it up. Rather than insist that they deliver it, we
figured better to go get it.

She did. They weren't going to do anything in the way of compensation but
she got them to issue a $100 travel voucher for her and another $100. for me
for my aggravation (now how about that!)

Meanwhile, family was here. So, at least she was able to distribute her
presents. It's a relief that it came.

End of story.

Mel

Old December 26th 07, 11:30 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Tom Scales

Glad it worked out. They would have delivered it (I believe they are
required to), but this time of year it would have been slow.

When I was younger, my father had his luggage lost on a trip to my
grandparents, who lived 95 miles from the airport. A kid showed up
bright and early with the bag the next day.

We took him water skiing and fed him lunch and sent him back

Tom

Old December 26th 07, 04:23 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
MZB

We are 25 minutes away from the airport. In the past they have delivered it
and I guess we could have insisted this time.

But she had presents for family in her luggage and we were all here at home.
So, we didn't want any more delays and given the screwup we were afraid they
would mess that up. It was easier to just go and get it.

Mel

Old December 26th 07, 04:29 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Dean-MN

Hi Ben'

I arrived in MN in 1979 at the age of 35. As an escapee from NW Indiana.
Minnesota is a panacea. How did you get to Greater Boston?

Over the years I watched NWA grow by acquiring smaller airlines mostly by
force. Remember Republic Airlines? For a while NWA went on a spree by
suing anything that moved. They sued their vendors. They sued their
employees. They sued themselves at one point and they even sued their
customers once. There's no one who really has a warm feeling regarding NWA
but we customers are captive.

NWA has the overwhelming majority of gates at MSP and for me the preferred
schedules. We occasionally fly to Albuquerque to visit our daughter and NWA
has the only nonstop roundtrip. NWA also has the most flights into Chicago
Midway that we used to use before we retired. Now with the TSA hassle, it's
quicker to drive the 435 miles to visit relatives... Dean

Old December 26th 07, 05:21 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Ben Myers

I got to the Greater Boston area from Minnetrista by way of Overijse (Brussels
suburb), Belgium and Milan, Italy. All moves paid at company expense back when
Honeywell believed its own self-deluding hype and thought it was in the computer
business. After a few years back here suffering through massive layoffs every
year right about this time of the year, I bootstrapped myself into
self-employment and volunteered to be laid off. I learned a lot and had some
wonderful personal and professional experiences, even if I did not choose a
company that would make me obscenely rich... Ben Myers

Old December 26th 07, 06:57 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
S.Lewis[_2_]

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
I got to the Greater Boston area from Minnetrista by way of Overijse
(Brussels
suburb), Belgium and Milan, Italy. All moves paid at company expense
back when
Honeywell believed its own self-deluding hype and thought it was in the
computer
business. After a few years back here suffering through massive layoffs
every
year right about this time of the year, I bootstrapped myself into
self-employment and volunteered to be laid off. I learned a lot and had
some
wonderful personal and professional experiences, even if I did not choose
company that would make me obscenely rich... Ben Myers

I'm with you, Ben. I've hit my quota on corporate "culture" for a while.
Maybe forever, let's hope......

Damn HP!!! GP Printers 1 February 5th 05 11:12 PM
Dabs - damn! Anton G˙sen UK Computer Vendors 1 December 15th 03 04:22 AM
Damn! -Lone_Wolf- Overclocking AMD Processors 0 November 7th 03 08:18 PM
What recourse do NVidia owners have? magnulus Nvidia Videocards 31 September 19th 03 05:01 PM
Any recourse if you have been stiffed? wwwild UK Computer Vendors 11 September 17th 03 07:17 AM